This is a fantastic opportunity to put your experience & professional registration to great use. You will possess leadership and management experience with a desire to support and develop staff. With strong communication & organisation skills, & a flexible approach, you will ensure you deliver positive experiences to patients at every stage of their time with us. Our team managers are a hugely important part of our team ... so come & join us!
Working as part of the CAMHS South Leadership Team & alongside your CAMHS Multi-disciplinary Team, you will manage & supervise clinical staff, providing great leadership, with an enthusiasm for service development & a drive to provide an outstanding quality of care.
We are continually evolving our service to ensure the needs of our Children, Young People & Families are at the centre of their care & at the heart of everything we do.
Main duties of the job
Provide operational management and leadership to the team, ensuring effective implementation and on-going delivery of Trust pathways and protocols in order that the team can deliver safe and effective, high quality compassionate services.Clinical requirement: Undertake the required clinical work to maintain registration with the post-holder's governing body (but not to exceed 20% of the time dedicated to the post of Team Manager).
Work in partnership with clinical and pathway leads, the Service Manager and other senior staff to establish effective multi-disciplinary working within the team and the wider CAMH Service.
Liaise with a range of stakeholders including commissioners (where appropriate).Lead on the recruitment and supervision of staff, operating within the available resources to achieve the required targets.
Lead on the establishment, implementation and monitoring of policies and procedures.
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust is a health & social care organisation dedicated to providing high quality care with compassion to improve the health & wellbeing of the people we care for, as well as supporting & empowering them to lead a fulfilling life.
Our clinical teams deliver many NHS services not only via inpatient and primary care setting but also with the community. These services include Children, Adult & Older Peoples mental health, Forensic & Specialist mental health, Learning Disabilities, Primary Care & Liaison psychiatry, Substance misuse, Social care, Research & Development.
To achieve our goal, we look to recruit high calibre candidates that share our vision & values. As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from all sectors of the community, particularly from under-represented groups including disabled people & members of our ethnic minorities & LGBTQ+ communities.
Job description Job responsibilities Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for full details of responsibilities. To provide comprehensive assessment of mental health specific to needs of children and young people (C&YP). To be able to communicate with and meet the needs of C&YP, their families and carers as appropriate. To have experience of and specialist knowledge on interventions, supporting leadership in the clinical area. To receive management supervision from Service Manager or equivalent. To demonstrate excellent communication skills. To work in partnership with other agencies to gain the best person centred outcomes for the C&YP. To maintain CPD and ensure professional development of others. To ensure all staff are participating in Trust appraisal, objective and review process. Ensure all staff in the team receives appropriate supervision, liaising with professional leads as required. Ensure staff are accessing and complying with Trust Mandatory training. To manage and supervise members of the team. To chair meetings and provide cover for the Service Manager as needed. To provide leadership within the team, working with relevant professional and pathway leads and Service Managers for the planning and delivering of the service. To ensure that all duties are carried out to the highest possible standard and within current quality initiatives within the area of work. To lead on recruitment and selection process of staff. To develop and maintain the delivery of supervision process for team members. To monitor the caseload in team ensuing adherence to Trust pathways and protocols. To ensure staff within team are compliant with regulatory bodies. Deputise for Service Managers for specified absence periods. Ensuring the identification, recording and use of relevant performance data The post holder will work collaboratively with all disciplines as part of a multidisciplinary team to assure a high standard of care for C&YP, and their families working collaboratively to resolve issues. Uses knowledge of business and management principles and strategies for the promotion of quality developments and efficient use of resources. Promotes accountability for practice and strives to attain the highest standards Promotes and uses evidence based approaches to practice management To ensure that services are delivered within an appropriate clinical governance framework, monitoring and evaluating standards of care, and to raise concerns with service Manager as necessary including through active use of the Risk Register. To undertake investigations of complaints, clinical reviews and Serious Incidents as agreed with the Service Manager, liaising with professional leads to interpret relevant professional standards Participates in promoting quality through development of collaborative and innovative approaches to health care delivery.
Person Specification Education/Qualifications Essential
- Professional qualification and registration appropriate to role, Social Care, Nursing, Mental Health Professional or other Health all relevant
- Post qualification continuing professional development, management and leadership qualification
- Experience as a professional working with clients with emotional, social and mental helath needs
- Experience of staff management and evidence of application of managerial skills and knowledge
- Experiernce of successful partnership working with other professionals
- Evidence of developing supervision and training
- Knowledge of local safeguarding policies and procedures
- Experience of working with CAMHS
- Experience of working with stakeholder groups
- Experience of research and service evaluation work
- Evidence of delivering clinical supervision and training
- Evidence of project management experience
Skills and Abilities Essential
- Specialist knowledge of policy and legislation relating to mental health and social care services
- Evidence of leadership ability and able to influence, involve and develop individuals and team
- Ability to use performance management information and demonstrate understanding of performance information
- Good understanding of Care Programme Approach/ Care Management
- Excellent ability to develop effective professional relationships with others, (individuals and groups), both internally and externally
- Experience in auditing
- Experience in managing feedback, investigation of complaints or similar
- Experience of conducting clinical assessments including risk assessment
Knowledge & Understanding Essential
- Ability to demonstrate the interpersonal skills required to successfully lead and develop a team.
- Ability to foster partnership working relationships
- Evidence of continuing professional development
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.