Triage and Assessment Practitioner
- Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust
- £33,706 to £40,588 a year per annum
- Closing date
- 22 Mar 2023
- Band 6
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- To take a leadership role in the delivery of high quality service provision that promotes and improves the mental health and well-being of children and young people, their families and carers.
- Within a systemic and holistic framework undertake needs led, evidence based, highly skilled assessments and brief therapeutic interventions to children and young people, their families and carers, who present to the service, including as a result of deliberate self-harm.
- To screen referrals, signpost and offer an assessment to make sure children and young people are accessing the right services in a timely manner.
- As part of an integrated CAMHS service actively liaise and support robust partnership working arrangements between the CAMHS Team and community partners and other key stakeholders involved with the child across agencies in order that an integrated package of care is developed.
- Provide a high level of generic skills and competencies and work towards development of areas of clinical expertise within the field of CAMHS, complimenting other members of the team.
- To provide clinical leadership and supervision to a skill mixed team, and to facilitate a culture of learning and reflective practice.
- To work in collaboration with the (service manager / team leader) to support the clinical governance / public health and NHS modernisation agenda.
Main duties of the job
Triage and Assessment Practitioner
Do you want to be part of a rapidly developing service committed to improving the lives of Children, Young People and their families?
In a period of exciting change, South Cumbria CAMHS are currently looking to recruit a full time Band 6 Mental Health Practitioner. The role will involve screening, jointly triaging with partner agencies, undertaking needs led, evidence based assessment and offering brief therapeutic intervention.
We are looking for a registered Mental Health Nurse, Social Worker or Occupational Therapists with a minimum of 2 yrs post registration experience to join our multidisciplinary team. You will be part of an established CAMHs, working with children, young people (up to the age of 18) and their families; experience of working with children and young people would be an advantage.
We are a busy, friendly service providing a range of treatment approaches to children and young people including CBT, EMDR and Decider Skills Workshops. We also work in close collaboration with partner agencies.
We are committed to ongoing continuous professional development of our staff and as a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to be involved in various training initiatives, including CYPIAPT.
The hours of work are 9am-5pm Monday to Friday. You must be passionate about working with children and young people with a wide range of moderate to severe mental health difficulties.
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust provides a range of services including secondary mental health care across this area. Specialist provision comprises inpatient child and adolescent mental health services, perinatal mental health and forensic services including low and medium secure care.The Trust also provides a range of physical health and well-being services in the community alongside a range of partners in the Lancashire, Cumbria and Sefton area.Lancashire & South Cumbria Foundation Trust encourages flexible working, we believe that a positive work/life balance benefits NHS employees through improved health and wellbeing. We would consider working patterns such as; term time, part time, compressed hours, flexi-time and career breaks. We encourage applicants to state clearly on their application forms this request and discuss these options at interview.For more information please visit our website via Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS FT.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see attached the job description and person specification for more information about this role.
Person Specification Education/Qualifications Essential
- oFirst level qualification, RMN or equivalent such as CQSW or occupational therapy oInformation technology skills sufficient to the undertaking of the post
- oAn ability to think systemically and holistically oDemonstrable Knowledge and skills in evidence based needs led assessments, of highly complex and co-morbid presentations of children, young people, their families and carers oDemonstrable Knowledge and skills in evidence based therapeutic interventions relevant to the needs of this client group oDemonstrable ability to communicate to clients, their families and professionals sensitive and often difficult to receive information, using various methods including verbal, non-verbal, written and presentation skills o Good knowledge of legislation, acts and developments relevant to the field of child related work.
- oA minimum of 2 years experience of working within Child Mental Health oDemonstrable knowledge and understanding of Child Mental Health oEvidence of an ability to effectively manage own workload and able to work autonomously oWorking within a team and /or multi-agency arenas
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert