Older Adult Community Nurse
- Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust
- Mid Essex
- £27,055 to £32,934 a year per annum
- Closing date
- 27 Mar 2023
- You will be working as part of a team and responsible for a caseload of individuals, providing person-centred and evidence-based intervention whilst ensuring quality interventions and high standards of documentation, you will need knowledge of physical health and the impact on mental health. You will need to be motivated, caring, compassionate and able to promote positive change to the people under your care.
- You will be expected to work collaboratively with key partner organisations, patients, carers, clinicians and other practitioners within the multi-disciplinary team in delivering services. You will need excellent communications skills, and you will need to be able to work closely with families and carers as a routine part of care.
- You will work as a member of the nursing team in providing high quality, evidence-based, holistic nursing care to patients in line with your NMC professional code of conduct and Trust policies. You will assess, plan, implement and evaluate packages of care based upon individual service user needs, under the guidance of the Advanced Nurse Practitioner as per NICE guidance. You will also undertake and maintain service users' Self Directed Support assessments.
- As required by your manager, you will have responsibility for the day to day supervision of lower banded staff within your professional group and team locality.
Main duties of the job
- You will be expected to work collaboratively with key partner organisations, service users, carers, clinicians and other practitioners within the multi-disciplinary team in delivering services; providing a 7-day a week, 24-hours a day service for 365 days a year working shifts where appropriate and operationally required.
- In delivering your duties you are expected to display behaviours that are aligned with the Trust values and in accordance with the NHS Constitution at all times.
- To work collaboratively with clients, service colleagues and other agencies to prevent inappropriate A&E attendances and Acute Hospital admissions
- To provide advice and decisions to other service members and partner agencies in relation to crisis situations, conditions and treatment plans, based on medical history and knowledge of certain conditions.
- Provide management and care of service users.
- Produce accurate and timely documentation on all clients in line with your Professional Code of Conduct and Trust policies.
- Conduct / contribute to the assessment process, as well as the observation and ongoing assessment, providing accurate and timely feedback.
- Participate in the planning, implementation / evaluation and ongoing review of treatment plans.
- Provide practical support, advice and education to service users, carers and other disciplines.
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including;
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment
Join our Staff bank
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.
All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.
If you are joining our Trust in a fixed term role, please indicate on your New Starter Paperwork that you wish to join our staff bank.
Job description Job responsibilities
- Responsible for the recording of all patient related activity information onto system one.
- Carry out risk assessments including any potential hazards in the service users environment.
- Attend multi-disciplinary meetings i.e. referral / review / business.
- Report and document incidents as required.
- Conduct physical health care checks of service users and act upon findings.
- Act as a key worker.
- Facilitate and support in group work such as relaxation, health promotion, hearing voices, anger management, psycho education etc.
- Responsible for administration of medications, assessment of side effects, review concordance and clinical effectiveness of medication regime in line with Trust policy including
- Safe transportation and storage of medicines, checking receipt, storage of medicines in medicine cupboard.
- Provide education around the medication prescribed, side effects, actions and aids to compliance.
- Compassionate Empowering Open
- Provide education and support to develop service users understanding of mental illness.
- With relevant expertise and experience and support, provide psycho-social intervention, education and support to develop service users understanding of mental illness with aim to prevent relapse and admission.
- Undertake carers assessment in line with Trusts key performance indicators.
- Undertake nursing needs and continuing care assessments.
- Be competent in use of relevant screening and assessment tools.
- Provide comprehensive assessment, care planning, treatment and review of care in line with the requirements of Mental Health Care Clusters.
- Provide formulation, delivery and review of individualised evidence based care / care packages according to NICE guidance including non-medication strategies.
- Support the induction and ongoing development of newly qualified nursing staff.
- Be an Infection control link person.
- Deliver smoking cessation training.
- Participate in audit and research.
Core Non-Clinical Function
- Promote the Nursing Strategy within the service.
- Take part in service development and review.
- Participate in the recruitment process of other clinical staff as required, supported by senior members of the team.
- Ensure the service meets the agreed performance / contractual targets and adheres to local and government initiatives.
- Provide clinical leadership and expertise to team.
- Deliver training where appropriate for other professionals
Person Specification Education/ Qualifications Essential
- Registration Mental Health Nurse RMN
- Meet the requirements for revalidation as set out by the NMC.
- High standard of education.
- Mentorship Preparation
- Deliver training to colleagues and lower banded staff.
- Experience in delivering smoking cessation training.
- Mentorship and supervision of lower banded staff.
- Driving Licence
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert