SMHP - Assessment and Brief Intervention
- Devon Partnership NHS Trust
- £33,706 to £40,588 a year
- Closing date
- 29 Mar 2023
- CBT Therapist / Other
- Band 6
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Are you a motivated professional looking for a new challenge?
- Are you an innovative and passionate individual?
- Can you help us to bridge the gap between primary and secondary mental health services?
We are looking for Band 6 SMHP Assessment and Brief Intervention to join the Torquay Care Network (PCN) and work in collaboration with the Riviera core mental health team. This team has been developed as part of the new community mental health framework.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing multi-disciplinary team based in general practice. The newly formed PCN mental health team is developing their service so this is an excellent time to be a part of integrating teams. Our aim within the PCN mental health team is to provide seamless care for patients, regardless of the provider.
Within the Torquay PCN your role within the mental health team will provide care for patients aged 18 and over.
You will be joining a growing and developing team of clinicians, integrated with our current practice workforce. Across the network, we work across four surgery sites (Croft Hall, Brunel Medical Practice, Chelston Hall and Southover medical practice) with full admin support, Occupational thearpy, a wellbeing team with social prescribing and other professional groups.
Main duties of the job
Working as dedicated practitioner to the Torquay primary care network (PCN) as part of PCN multiagency team alongside mental health treatment practitioners, psychology, psychiatry and social care.
- Provide a combined consultation, advice, triage and liaison function.
- Work with patients to:
Support shared decision-making about self-management.
Facilitate onward access to treatment services.
Provide brief psychological interventions, where qualified to do so and where appropriate.
- Work closely with other PCN-based roles to help address the potential range of biopsychosocial needs of patients with mental health problems. This will include the PCNs MAT, including, for example, PCN clinical pharmacists for medication reviews, and social prescribing link workers for access to community-based support.
- Operate without the need for formal referral from GPs, including accepting some direct bookings where appropriate, subject to agreement on volumes and the mechanism of access between the PCN and mental health team.
About Devon Partnership Trust
We provide mental health, learning disability and neurodiversity services, as well as a range of specialist & secure services for the wider south west region & nationally. We are passionate about promoting good mental health & wellbeing. We strive to use the expertise & resources within our organisation, and through our partnerships, to deliver high quality services that are safe & focused on people's recovery.
We not only recruit employees based on their qualifications & experience - we recruit individuals who possess and demonstrate the behaviours which underpin the core values of our organisation. These values include such attributes as showing a commitment to quality of care, improving lives of others, giving respect, dignity & compassion. We can bring those values to life in our everyday tasks by giving a smile; making time for people; challenging ourselves & others, & being open to new ideas.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer & applications are encouraged & welcomed from all sections of the community, regardless of any protected characteristics as governed by the Equality Act 2010. Part time & flexible working applications will be considered & supported, where possible. We particularly encourage applicants with lived experience of mental health & learning disabilities. We are a Disability Confident Employer.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the full Job Description and Person specification attached to this advert which will provide further information on this role.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Hold a Registered Mental Health Nurse, Occupational Therapist or Social worker Professional qualification.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent experience.
- Diploma level specialist training or equivalent experience.
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Teaching/training qualification.
- Psychological therapy qualification.
- Knowledge of principles of assessment of people presenting with mental health concerns.
- Knowledge of principles of risk assessment and management.
- Knowledge of Mental Health Act 1983 and Mental Capacity Act 2006 and other relevant legislation.
- Working in a primary care setting.
- Working in collaboration with VCSE services.
- Training/developing staff and or patients.
- Experience of delivering evidenced based psycho/social interventions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Employer details Employer name
Devon Partnership NHS Trust
https://www.dpt.nhs.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert