Specialty doctor in Psychiatry of Intellectual Disability
- Kent & Medway NHS & Social Care Partnership Trust
- £50,373 to £78,759 a session Per Annum
- Closing date
- 23 Mar 2023
- Learning Disability
- Specialty doctor
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- The vacancy has arisen as a result of retirement.
- The administrative base of the team is at Archery House in Little Brook Hospital site.
- The team is part of the North Kent hub and covers Dartford, Gravesend and Swanley areas with a population of around 240k.
- The team currently has approximately 40 patients on its case list and receives around 6 new referrals per week.
- The operating hours is 0900 - 1700.
The post-holder will carry no responsibility for inpatients
Main duties of the job
- To provide psychiatric care to patients referred to the DGS MHLD sector.
- To provide medical input to the Multidisciplinary MHLD Team
- Availability to act as Section 12(2) approved doctor for the purpose of Mental Health Act assessments - where approved. If not approved then to work towards Section 12(2) approval
- To ensure effective liaison occurs between MHLD, mental health services and the acute hospital, and also with other agencies in the voluntary and statutory sectors as appropriate
kent and Medway NHS Trust is one of the larger Mental Health Trusts based in Kent South East England.
We are committed to your professional development
Job description Job responsibilities
There is one major outpatient clinic on a Tuesday and this is for new cases and reviews. The team case load is around 40 with an average of two referrals weekly. The post holder may see one new case a week.
Patients who are able to use the acute inpatient facilities do so and are managed by the inpatient consultant and her team. There is an expectation for the post holder to liaise and check progress and offer ID specific advice if required.
Patient with complex needs who require inpatient care are provided for outside the organization and purchased as when required.
The team is also supported by a CRHT service, which deals with all crisis referrals from 9am to 9pm with an on-call service thereafter. The CRHT Team deals with all emergency Mental Health Act referrals and A&E liaison calls.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
- MRCPsych or a specialist qualification from an EU country that complies with EU directive 2005/36/EU
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Approved Section 12 or able to achieve within 6 months of appointment
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warnings and conditions in practice
- Holds and will use valid UK driving licence OR provides evidence of proposed alternative.
- At least 4 years postgraduate experience, including at least 2 years in core psychiatry training programme
- Good knowledge in specialty
- Good clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Postgraduate experience in specialty
- Participated in continuous professional development
- Able to use and appraise clinical evidence
- Has actively participated in clinical audit
- Able to deliver undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training
- Reflected on purpose of CPD undertaken
- Participated in research or service evaluation
- Shows empathy and sensitivity
- Copes under pressure
- Works co-operatively in a multi-disciplinary team
- Evidence of annual appraisal and commitment to appraisal and revalidation
- Manages own time, workload and prioritises work
- Able to use electronic records and use IT for email, internet and office software
- Reflects on own performance and behaviour, seeking and acting on feedback
- Shows commitment to quality through knowledge of quality improvement and lean thinking methodology OR able to achieve within one year of appointment
- Able to deputise for consultant psychiatrist
- Knowledge of structure and management of the NHS and the Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert