Assessment and Brief Intervention Practitioner
- Devon Partnership NHS Trust
- £33,706 to £40,588 a year
- Closing date
- 26 Mar 2023
- Band 6
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Are you someone looking for a career in one of the UK's most respected mental health and learning disability trusts?
- Would you like to be part of a dedicated team committed to making a difference to peoples lives to enjoy a better future?
We are looking for a Band 6 Senior Mental Health Assessment & Brief Intervention Practitioner to join the Tiverton Core Adult Mental Health Team
This is a really great opportunity to join the team at an interesting and exciting time as we work towards transforming our community service so that we offer the best and most comprehensive care to the people of Mid Devon
Devon Partnership Trust will support you to learn the skills you need to thrive in the role. We will offer you the training and development support you need to begin a fulfilling career. In return, you will need to be motivated, flexible and eager to learn.
The team promotes a dynamic and innovative way of working that includes triage, signposting and conducting mental health assessments.
Devon Partnership NHS Trust is growing as we establish ourselves us as one of the leading providers of mental health services in the country.
Working as part of Devon Partnership NHS Trust, you will make a difference to peoples lives from the moment you start.
£33,706 - £40,588 per annum pro rata - This post and job description maybe subject to change as there is a proposed service redesign currently being considered
Relocation Package of up to £8k available
Main duties of the job
Working as dedicated practitioner to primary care network (PCN) as part of PCN multiagency team alongside mental health treatment practitioners, psychology, psychiatry and social care.
- Provide a combined consultation, advice, triage and liaison function.
- Work with patients to:
- Work closely with other PCN-based roles to help address the potential range of biopsychosocial needs of patients with mental health problems. This will include the PCNs MAT, including, for example, PCN clinical pharmacists for medication reviews, and social prescribing link workers for access to community-based support.
- Operate without the need for formal referral from GPs, including accepting some direct bookings where appropriate, subject to agreement on volumes and the mechanism of access between the PCN and mental health team.
About Devon Partnership Trust
We provide mental health, learning disability and neurodiversity services, as well as a range of specialist & secure services for the wider south west region & nationally. We are passionate about promoting good mental health & wellbeing. We strive to use the expertise & resources within our organisation, and through our partnerships, to deliver high quality services that are safe & focused on people's recovery.
We not only recruit employees based on their qualifications & experience - we recruit individuals who possess and demonstrate the behaviours which underpin the core values of our organisation. These values include such attributes as showing a commitment to quality of care, improving lives of others, giving respect, dignity & compassion. We can bring those values to life in our everyday tasks by giving a smile; making time for people; challenging ourselves & others, & being open to new ideas.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer & applications are encouraged & welcomed from all sections of the community, regardless of any protected characteristics as governed by the Equality Act 2010. Part time & flexible working applications will be considered & supported, where possible. We particularly encourage applicants with lived experience of mental health & learning disabilities. We are a Disability Confident Leader Employer.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the full Job Description and Person specification attached to this advert which will provide further information on this role
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Hold a Registered Mental Health Nurse, Occupational Therapist or Social worker Professional qualification
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent experience
- Diploma level specialist training or equivalent experience
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Teaching/training qualification
- Psychological therapy qualification
- Experience of working in a mental health setting
- Assessment of people presenting with mental health issues
- Assessment and management of clinical risk
- Working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Working in a primary care setting
- Working in collaboration with VCSE services
- Training/developing staff and or patients
- Experience of delivering evidenced based psycho/social interventions
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert