We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and committed Consultant Clinical Psychologist to join our well established and dynamic Early Intervention in Psychosis Service . This is a key role within the senior leadership team , bringing psychological expertise and clinical leadership to further enhance clinical service delivery.
It is fantastic time to join the EIP Service as we develop our ARMS Service. So if you have a passion for providing exceptional care and are looking for an exciting, and challenging role we would welcome your talents and skills
Main duties of the job
The role demands significant experience in consultation for highly complex psychosis, supervision of other practitioners, facilitating debriefs & reflective practice and leading on training on psychological approaches for all staff.
Supporting and taking a lead in research, audits, and quality improvement will be expected.
Clinically, experience of delivering high quality assessment and interventions, with a specific focus on people on complex cases will be required.
You will have plenty of scope and support to develop your own practice, whilst supporting the team in balancing the challenges of providing high quality services, in a way that delivers quick effective access and meets the needs of service users and their families.
Come and work with us in the Garden of England where we combine exceptional professional development opportunities with a tremendousquality of life. We are Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust (KMPT), providing mental health, learning disability and specialist services, serving 1.8 million people across the county.The Trust (rated Good overall by the CQC and Outstanding for care) has 3,283 staff working in 66 buildings across 33 locations, covering an areaof 1,450 square miles. You will be joining friendly, passionate colleagues, rich in their diversity, who are committed to providing excellent care to our service users and their loved ones. The nature of our work attracts kindness and compassion as standard and everyone from our cleaners and porters to the chief executive and chairman are recognised as playing a vital role in providing an exemplary service.
Job description Job responsibilities
As a Consultant Psychologist:
- To provide professional and clinical leadership to the Early Intervention for Psychosis & At Risk Mental State (ARMS) Service; ensuring the planning and development of a systematic response to service need
- To provide specialist clinical and consultancy service to EIP teams including management and supervision of staff.
- To work in collaboration with other MDT staff and team leaders in the provision of services to people who are experiencing early psychosis
Please see JD or contact us for more detail on this role.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Doctorate : BPS, HCPC
- Specialist training
- Years of NHS Experience
- Relevant AMH/ EIP/Psychosis experience
- Experience of providing consultancy, reflective practice & teaching
- Experience of service development & clinical leadership
- Experience of managing others & providing clinical supervision
- Experience of successful MDT working
- Range of psychological models & able to adapt to needs/setting
- Publications & Research/audit
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.