Staff Nurse - Band 5 Mental Health - Inpatient Dementia Services and Older Adult Services Full time, permanent posts
Are you ready for a new and exciting challenge? Do you want to work in a supportive, dynamic and innovative team? Are you passionate about working with people with dementia? Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust Inpatient dementia services and MH older adult services are looking for Band 5 Mental Health Nurses to join our dedicated, highly valued workforce.
We offer high quality, evidence-based care for people living with dementia and associated challenging behaviours. We offer a full multi-disciplinary team approach with a dedicated psychologist, occupational therapist and activity workers on the ward, as well access to dieticians and physiotherapists as needed. Please note many Trust interviews are taking place through Microsoft Teams, this can be downloaded either through the App Store or Google Play for use on your phone/tablet.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will be required to work within a multi-disciplinary age independent 24/7 inpatient service. Inpatient services will provide a service to people experiencing an acute psychiatric crisis who require urgent treatment and delivery of required interventions who may be detained under the Mental Health Act, whilst using the least restrictive environment to facilitate recovery.
As a member of the team, you will support the delivery of responsive, high-quality care to people living with dementia and functional mental illnesses. We think working within mental health has to be one of the most rewarding careers to be in. If you are currently a band 5 RMN or fresh out of university and you would like to work where you can make a real difference. For more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.
Ward initiatives and what we can offer you -
- A comprehensive Preceptorship Package
- An exciting training programme
- Regular Supervision and yearly appraisals
- Career Progression
- Protected Learning Days
- Psychological Interventions
- Case Formulation
The service received an overall rating of Good by the CQC and an Outstanding for care and compassion of which we are rightly proud. We have also been recognised both locally and nationally by receiving awards for the services we provide.
Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust provides a full range of expanding physical, mental health and learning disability services to children, young adults, adults and older adults over many sites across Coventry, Warwickshire and Solihull.
Services are provided to a population of over one million people living in Coventry and Warwickshire and also a wider geographical area in some of our specialist services, we see on average around 5,000 patients every day.
Job description Job responsibilities
For more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.
- Contribute to the assessment process looking at physical and mental well being.
- Deliver treatment and required interventions of mental health needs reporting to a senior member of the team as required and working within professional codes.
- Deliver aspects of the care cluster pathway i.e. providing a range of interventions.
- Deliver evidenced based interventions, implementing and following care and treatment plans.
- Monitor concordance to care and treatment plans reporting back to multi- professional staff as appropriate.
- Support care packages from undertaking assessments of needs.
- Lead and coordinate the review of care.
- Record in patient clinical notes and preparing clinical reports as required.
- Conduct risk assessments and maintain a safe environment.
- Engage with carers and significant others responding to identified needs.
- Adhere to and report on safety and quality (governance) issues.
- Mentor students as appropriate to qualifications and profession.
- Deliver and contribute to activity interventions i.e. relapse signature, occupational activities.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Relevant Professional Qualification i.e. RMN, DipCOT
- Expertise within a discipline underpinned by theory
- Professional clinical knowledge acquired through degree/ diploma
Knowledge and skills Essential
- Excellent written communication skills
- Substantial experience in Acute Mental health care setting
- Developed specialist knowledge gained within a similar environment over a considerable period of time
- Significant experience of undertaking assessment, formulation, risk assessment and positive risk management
- Proven experience of people management
- Evidence of continuing professional development
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.