An opportunity has arisen within the new primary care mental health team situated at St Giles House.
This will be a part time senior practitioner B 7 post 2-3 days weekly
You will be working in a primary care mental health team along with
Band 7 senior practitioners
Cahms transitional practitioner
Lived experience workers
Psychology and psychotherapy staff
You will engage in short term care co-ordination within an MDT working environment with support from the above professions.
This is a fast paced service with a dynamic multi disciplinary team
We look forward to viewing applications
Main duties of the job
CLINICAL To offer comprehensive initial assessments and formulations to service users To manage the provision of appropriate psychological interventions to a small case load of service users experiencing transitional mental health problems To exercise autonomous professional autonomy (under supervision) for the assessment, coordination and transfer to the relevant treatment team of a designated caseload. To provide comprehensive on-going assessment and outcome monitoring of all caseload clients To participate in the team assessment and duty rota To liaise closely with crisis services and emergency out of hours services. To provide evidence based care as outlined in NICE guidance.
TRAINING & SUPERVISION To attend regular clinical and management supervision and appraisal To contribute to the teaching and training of mental health professionals and other staff working in the service. To undertake the mentorship of students working in the service
South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust (SLaM) provide the widest range of NHS mental health services in the UK as well as substance misuse services for people who are addicted to drugs and alcohol. We work closely with the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience (IoPPN), King's College London and are part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre. There are very few organisations in the world that have such wide-ranging capabilities working with mental illness. Our scope is unique because it is built on three major foundations: care and treatment, science and research, and training.
SLaM employ around 5000 staff and serve a local population of 1.1 million people. We have more than 230 services including inpatient wards, outpatient and community services. Currently, provide inpatient care for approximately 5,300 people each year and treat more than 45,000 patients in the community in Croydon, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark; as well as substance misuse services for residents of Bexley, Bromley and Greenwich.
By coming to work at SLaM, you will gain experience of being part of an organisation with a rich history and international reputation in mental health care.
Job description Job responsibilities
Demonstrates an understanding of how mood, anxiety and personality difficulties manifest itself and the impact on mental well-being.
Transferable psychological skills and knowledge relevant to work with working age adults with severe and enduring & psychotic disorders in secondary care.
Knowledge of models of therapy. An understanding of the relationship between primary and secondary care services.
Knowledge of the theory and practice of psychological therapies, particularly DBT and CBT.
Theoretical knowledge of psychopathology and the evidence base for the relevant treatment.
Knowledge of key legislation and guidelines in relation to statutory mental health responsibilities, including Adult Safeguarding and Child Protection. Understanding of Clinical Governance
Ability to work as an autonomous practitioner with an appropriate level of clinical and managerial supervision. Ability to manage own time and workload.
Engage and maintain healthy relationships in and outside of the team
To give and receive feedback in a constructive way Demonstrates high standards in written communication skill in clear letter/report writing. Effective skills.
Ability to work within a team and foster good relationships.
Ability to work under pressure and to use clinical supervision effectively.
Give receive and respond to feedback
Clinical skills relevant to the post applied for. Skilled in the communication of sensitive issues. Skilled in supervision of others, and in providing and receiving critical and constructive feedback.
Commitment to continuing professional development, to partnership working and to reflective clinical practice
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Recognised qualification in one of the core mental health professions.
- Mentorship Training /998 Other professional development, particularly within psychological modalities.
- Degree standard or professional equivalent.
- Experience Relevant experience in A&L Psychiatric Liaison Service or Home Treatment Team.
- Experience of using clinical and managerial supervision to effectively provide safe, evidence based psychological interventions across a range of interventions
- Experience of supervising and mentoring junior staff and students
Knowledge and Skills Essential
- Demonstrates an understanding of how mood, anxiety and personality difficulties manifest itself and the impact on mental well-being.
- Transferable psychological skills and knowledge relevant to work with working age adults with severe and enduring & psychotic disorders in secondary care.
- Knowledge of models of therapy. An understanding of the relationship between primary and secondary care services. Knowledge of the theory and practice of psychological therapies, particularly DBT and CBT.
- Theoretical knowledge of psychopathology and the evidence base for the relevant treatment.
- Willingness to contribute to research and evaluation
- Group work experience
- IT skills
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.