B6 Occupational Therapist
The Extended Primary Care Team in Newham is looking for a B6 Occupational Therapist. You will be joining a multidisciplinary team of nurses, therapists, nursing associates and healthcare assistants. You will have support from a wide range of professionals who work with us, including Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy clinical leads, senior therapists, senior nurses, safeguarding and psychology professionals.
Main duties of the job
You will work closely with other Occupational Therapists, carrying out joint visits with physiotherapy colleagues when appropriate. Your professional focus will be rehabilitation in the community for patients who have experienced a deterioration of their physical health, but you will work closely with occupational therapists in other teams when needed, including the in-house rapid response and fast falls team and social services. Of course, you will have monthly clinical supervision and a yearly appraisal to identify your on-going professional development needs.
ELFT has long been recognised as a centre of excellence for mental and health care, innovation and improvement. So it is a very exciting time for you to come and work for us. Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations.
Job description Job responsibilities
You will be able to develop your line management knowledge and skills by supervising a B5 OT and/or rehabilitation support workers. You will be provided with an iPad so that you have access to all clinical information for your patients when you are in the community. Please contact us to discuss further if you have any questions before you apply.
Please refer to the attached JD & PS for a full job description and specification.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Occupational Therapy Degree or equivalent
- Registration with the Health and Care Professions Council
- Maintenance of continuing professional development portfolio
- Post-registration occupational therapy practice, which should include working with a range of clients who require occupational therapy in a therapeutic setting
- Experience in training others
- Experience of working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Knowledge of theory and practice of occupational therapy with clients with physical, cognitive and psycho-social needs
- Knowledge of legislation affecting our work as occupational therapists
- Evidence of sound knowledge of the roles of other disciplines and agencies involved
- Knowledge of the principles of clinical governance and its application
- Knowledge of safe manual handling techniques
Skils and other Essential
- Ability to establish a therapeutic relationship with a client and his/her family/carers, motivating them to participate in the therapeutic process
- Ability to undertake all aspects of the occupational therapy process
- Ability to use equipment safely with clients
- Ability to demonstrate empathy with clients and their family/carers ensuring that effective communication is achieved
- Ability to apply specialist knowledge and skills in advising others on the care and treatment of clients with physical conditions
- Evidence of basic ability to supervise and manage a junior member of staff and a student with a commitment to developing these skills
- Ability to use a computer, e.g. to enter statistics, and produce reports for use by others both internal and external to the Trust
- 1.Ability and willingness to work alone within various community locations e.g. client's homes, community
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.