We are looking for experienced Registered nurses to come and join the Rowan Ward team at The Royal Oldham Hospital.
Rowan Ward is a 12 bedded mental health inpatient ward that provides assessment and treatment for people over 65 years with functional mental health problems. Currently Rowan ward is mixed sex however as part of the Trust's mixed sex agenda transformation project in the future Rowan ward will specialize in caring for male patients with functional illnesses.
Patient care, respect and wanting to make a difference to people's lives is key to this role, so if you think that person is you we would love you to come and join us.
We are supported by a full multidisciplinary team of Consultant Psychiatrists, Mental Health Nurses, Clinical Psychologist, Occupational Therapy team, Physio and social workers.
Main duties of the job
You will be responsible for the assessment of need, planning, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care for patients admitted to the inpatient ward. You will supervise the work of junior staff, ensuring the highest possible standard of nursing care in accordance with the Policies and Procedures of Pennine Care Trust, the Mental Health Act and NMC Code of Conduct and practice guidelines.
We are proud to provide high quality mental health and learning disability services, both inpatient and in the community across five boroughs of Greater Manchester - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport and Tameside and Glossop.
Our ambition is to maximise people's potential and we aim to promote an inclusive environment and improve the diversity of our workforce so our people truly represent the communities we serve.
All individuals regardless of race, age, disability, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership are encouraged to apply for this post. We would also encourage applications from individuals with a lived experience of mental illness, either individually or as a carer.
If you come and work for us we will offer a range of benefits and opportunities, including: Generous annual leave entitlement for Agenda for Change and Medical and Dental staff. Flexible working opportunities to support your work/life balance Access to Continued Professional Development Involvement in improvement and research activities Health and Wellbeing activities and access to an excellent staff wellbeing service Access to staff discounts across retail, leisure and travel
If you are Kind, Fair, Ingenious and Determined then we want you to come and join our#PennineCarePeople
Job description Job responsibilities
Key Responsibilities of the Post:
- To act as named nurse.
- To formulate assessments including risk assessments and produce plans of care to meet identified need.
- To work as part of the MDT.
- To act as shift co-ordinator
- To be involved in the implementation of change and service improvement.
- To supervise the work of junior staff.
- Key Requirements of the Person Specification:
- RMN or equivalent.
- Registration with NMC.
- Ability to complete mental health assessments including risk assessments.
- Ability to co-ordinate the shift and prioritise.
- Ability to work shifts, including night duty, weekends and Bank Holidays including Christmas.
Person Specification Education / Qualifications Essential
- First level registered nurse, RMN or RN in Mental Health
- Must have a good understanding of both innumeracy and language skills.
- Qualification in psychosocial interventions an advantage
- Completed Preparation for Mentorship
- Current experience of adult acute inpatient wards
- Knowledge base in terms of this client group
Skills and Abilities Essential
- Be able to perform required duties of the post.
- Must be flexible and able to work on an internal rota basis across nights and days
- Experience of working within a psychosocial model of care delivery
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.