We are looking for people to apply who have a clear passion to want to make a difference, who are motivated and enthused about working with young people and families. We are a service that is known for being creative and responsive to the needs of our young people, who no matter what level of need to support their emotional wellbeing and mental health receive the right support as they need it. Please note many Trust interviews are taking place through Microsoft Teams, this can be downloaded either through the App Store or Google Play for use on your phone/tablet.
Main duties of the job
You will be a qualified Art Therapist with current registration with the HCPC professional body or working towards . You will hold a caseload of young people with complex mental health needs and will take responsibility for providing assessments and therapeutic treatment programmes. For more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.
About us In return we can offer :-
- On going opportunities for further training eg . Post graduate study with Reading & Coventry Universities, CYIAPT, EMDR, systemic family therapy , ARFID training
- Developmental posts for newly qualified practitioners looking for supported career progression
- Regular clinical , management supervision and appraisal
- Flexible working patterns and hours, which will include some virtual working
- Opportunities for creative specialised or shared roles
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Reflective practice and complex case discussion groups
- Friendly experienced MDT settings
- Opportunities to support service transformation eg home treatment team for eating disorders, crisis home treatment and CYIAPT
- A chance to be part of a service with a Good CQC rating
- Access to CAMHS module delivered at Coventry University
We are a service that has received national funding for new and exciting developments including the trailblazer pilot looking at improving access for young people. You will be joining a service that values their staff and actively invests in their wellbeing , staff are warm, welcoming and described as the RISE family.
If you are excited about change and want to be part of this new and exciting service with the aspiration to really make a difference we would very much welcome your application.
Job description Job responsibilities For more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Doctoral level training in clinical psychology or equivalent in other psychological therapies, including specifically models of psychopathology, clinical psychometrics and neuropsychology, two or more distinct psychological therapies and lifespan developmental psychology as accredited by the BPS or other relevant professional bodies..
Knowledge and skills Essential
- Skills in the use of complex methods of psychological assessment, intervention and management frequently requiring sustained and intense concentration.
- Well-developed skills in the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, complex, highly technical and/or clinically sensitive information to clients, their families, carers and other professional colleagues both within and outside the NHS.
- Skills in providing consultation to other professional and non-professional groups.
- Doctoral level or equivalent knowledge of research methodology, research design and complex, multivariate data analysis as practiced within the clinical fields of psychology/psychological therapy.
- Experience of working within a multicultural framework
- Experience of teaching, training and/or supervision.
- Experience of the application of clinical psychology/psychological therapy/art therapy in different cultural contexts.
- Experiences of specialist psychological/psychological therapy assessment and treatment of clients across the full range of care settings, including outpatient, community, primary care and in patient settings.
- Experience of working with a wide variety of client groups, across the whole life course presenting problems that reflect the full range of clinical severity including maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems, verbal abuse and the threat of physical abuse.
- Able to travel for work purposes and have access to an independent means of transport.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.