We are seeking a Consultant Psychiatrist to join the West Assessment and Treatment Service (ATS) in Brighton & Hove. You will be joining a mutually supportive, friendly and enthusiastic team with a real passion for what we do.
Brighton and Hove Community services are split in to two main teams, East and West ATS, each one further subdivided in to 3 smaller clusters. Each cluster has a geographical patch determined by alignment to a small number of GP surgeries, this helps facilitate good liaison with our Primary Care colleagues.
This job attracts aRecruitment and Retention payment of £25,000,
in addition to(up to) £8000 relocation allowance.
The RRP payment is paid in the following instalments:
- £5000 payment paid on appointment
- £5000 retention payment paid at 12 month anniversary of employment
- £6500 retention payment paid at 30 month anniversary of employment
- £8500 retention payment paid at 48 month anniversary of employment
The Recruitment and Retention payment is pro rata for part time employees. If you would like further information, or to know the full terms of the Recruitment and Retention Payment and/or the Relocation Allowance, then please do not hesitate to contact our Medical Staffing Team - firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about what we offer please take a look at our careers portal:https://careers.sussexpartnership.nhs.uk/
Main duties of the job
We are a large multi-disciplinary community mental health team, which provides specialist assessments and treatment to patients presenting with a range of complex and unstable mental health and social needs.
As a consultant psychiatrist in our team, your main duties will be to:
- Provide specialist medical /psychiatric assessment and evidence-based treatment to patients referred to the service.
- Provide clinical supervision to the HST and informal advice and supervision to non-medical members of the team
- Fulfil the duties of Responsible Clinician for patients subject to Community Treatment Orders including attendance at Mangers Hearings and Tribunals.
- Mental Health Act assessments for patients on the team caseload
- Liaison with inpatient Responsible Clinicians
- Liaison with the forensic team/drug and alcohol services and risk panel as required
This post will be in Stanford cluster. We are also fortunate to have a large array of third sector organisations in Brighton and Hove whom we have developed strong links with.
At Sussex Partnership we are committed to providing opportunities forflexible working
. If you would like to work differently or different hours to as advertised, please get in touch to discuss this in more detail.
If you haven't thought about living/working in Brighton & Hove
before then talk to us about how great it is. Brighton & Hove is a unique, vibrant and exciting place to live and work, offering a lively city life with the opportunity to get away from it all to the South Downs National park just on the doorstep.
The city offers excellent access to London and is in close proximity toGatwick Airport. Brighton is proud to be a diverse and inclusive city, and this is reflected in the staff mix employed by SPFT, and by the ethos of the Trust.
We are a teaching Trust with strong links with Brighton and Sussex Medical School (BSMS). Every cluster has a trainee, including F2, GP trainees, core or higher trainees. We also provide training for medical students and Physician Associate students from BSMS.
Job description Job responsibilities
The successful candidate will work as part of the wider MDT and demonstrate:
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge;
- A wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service;
- The ability to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty;
- Commitment to shared leadership & collaborative working to deliver improvement;
- The ability to work in aparticipatory way so that shared decision making and conversations around formulation/ diagnosis and ongoing care are a collaborative endeavour with the people who access our service.
Please see the Job description/ person specification for more details about this post and the organisation.
There is only so much we can say in an advert and Job Description, so we would love to hear from you if you want to find out more about this exciting opportunity.
**Please also note that the Job Description has been approved by Royal College of Psychiatrists.**
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- Additional clinical qualifications.
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.