The Neurodevelopmental Team at Bradford is seeking one full time and one part time
motivated and confident ADHD Advanced Specialist Pharmacist who can support with the referral pathway for the ADHD pathway within the Neurodevelopmental Team.
If you feel you have the necessary skills, experience and personal qualities to be successful in this role we would love to hear from you. Informal conversations/virtual visits are very welcome. Closing: 03.02.2023 Shortlist: 04.02.2023 Interview: 15.02.2023
Main duties of the job
The post holder will support a named Consultant Psychiatrist by managing a delegated caseload of service users that have an established diagnosis and treatment plan for Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD). The post holder will provide on-going appointments and prescribe medication as necessary.
The post will be part of a multi-disciplinary prescribing team including psychiatry, nurse prescribers and physical health care support workers to support with physical monitoring.
Forming links with GPs and the ICS, the postholder will ensure that the patients are monitored appropriately with respect to physical health. The postholder will work under supervision of a Consultant Psychiatrist and Lead Pharmacist to deliver medicines optimisation to CAMHS and in particular ADHD patients in the community CAMHS service
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values: - We Care
- We act with respect and empathy, and always value difference We Listen
- We understand people's views and respond to their individual needs We Deliver
- We develop and provide excellent services and support our partners
We will consider a variety of flexible working arrangements to enable staff to balance their work and home lives and support staff by offering a fantastic range of benefits including :
Increase mileage rates for > 3500
A wide range of health and wellbeing support packages
A range of internal and external development and learning opportunities
Plus many more.
We are also proud to pledge our support to the Armed Forces and hold a Bronze Award in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
BDCFT is dedicated to environmental and social sustainability by delivering on the commitments within our Green Plan. All staff are actively encouraged and supported to participate in training and to identify and implement sustainable quality improvement across all service areas and activities.
Job description Job responsibilities Please read the attached Job description and person specification for further details about this role.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Master of Pharmacy degree, or equivalent qualification
- Postgraduate diploma in Clinical Pharmacy, or equivalent experience
- Registration with General Pharmaceutical Council
- Non-Medical Prescribing
- Postgraduate qualification in Psychiatric Therapeutics
- Knowledge of NHS primary and secondary care working including managing prescribing
- Ability to identify and manage risks
- Experience of working within an NHS organisation
- Experience of working with service users with mental health problems and learning disabilities
- Knowledge of primary care health therapeutics and prescribing issues
- Knowledge of the evidence base relating to the prescribing of ADHD medicines
- Excellent communication skills- verbal, written and electronic
- Ability to prioritise effectively with appropriate reasoning
- Evidence of good time management skills
- Ability to work effectively independently
- Demonstrates initiative
- Good organisational skills
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.