This post offers a Golden Hello or Relocation package up to a maximum of £2000
Are you a RMN, OT or Social Worker with experience working in a mental health setting?
Perhaps you're looking to improve or expand your current skills?
Are you a working in an acute care setting and looking to move in to the community?
Maybe you're passionate about working with adults with mental health problems and improving the transition from the acute care setting into the community?
We're seeking a Band 6 Ward Link Clinician to join us on the beautiful south coast in our Eastbourne Assessment and Treatment Service (ATS). In this role you will be responsible for screening a range of adults who are presenting with a variety of complex mental health problems that are currently residing in one of our in-patient wards.
This role is offering the opportunity to work in the office and on the ward. There are also opportunities to assess & review patients in the community.
We are a secondary mental health service accepting referrals from the Eastbourne and Seaford area. Our Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) includes a Senior Nurse Practitioner, Psychology, Occupational Therapy, Clinical Team Leads, Pharmacy, Consultant Psychiatry, peer workers and support workers.
Main duties of the job
In this role you will be screening referrals in to the service from the wards. You will be liaising with the ward MDT, carers and other partnership agencies. You will complete virtual and face to face assessments and then recommend suitable care and treatment plans to support their return to the community
Your role is to facilitate discharge, co-ordinate short goal focussed interventions and then discharge. Once stabilised you will transfer patients to primary/ voluntary care services. If the person requires more extensive support, you will liaise with the internal MDT and transfer their care to one of the other Lead Practitioners for interventions & support
Assessment and Treatment services are fast paced and changeable, ours is no different. The post holder must have the ability to be organised, reactive and able to work under pressure. Our supportive team ethic makes this possible. To ensure all the staff have the support they require, the team receive regular supervision, reflective practice, annual appraisals and CPD support.
The Trust provides mental health and learning disability care for all ages across Sussex and for children and young people in Hampshire.
Living & Working in Sussex:
- Travel easily between coast and countryside, with a blend of picturesque villages and seaside towns
- Embrace the outstanding natural beauty spots including the iconic Beachy Head and Seven Sisters National Park
- Known as 'The Sunshine Coast', Eastbourne offers a traditional Victorian seafront combined with the more modern Sovereign Harbour Marin
We'd love you to join our Trust, rated 'good' overall and 'outstanding' for caring by the CQC. Our staff agree, recent staff survey results told us that 82% recognise that care for patients is our top priority.
Key staff survey results include:
- 70% highlighting flexible working opportunities as a key point for satisfaction at work
- 79% reporting feeling able to make suggestions to improve the work in their team
- 77% identifying the opportunities to show initiative in their roles
Job description Job responsibilities
In order to be successful in the Ward Link role you will:
- Be a qualified RMN, OT or Social Worker, registered with the relevant professional body
- Have good experience of clinical assessments
- Possess prior experience working with people with mental health difficulties
It would also be advantageous if you:
- Have experience working in a fast-paced assessment and treatment service
You will be fully supported and empowered to make a difference to creatively develop new ways of working towards building safe and responsive quality mental health services fit for the future. We are currently undertaking a Quality Improvement project as we strive to make our service the best it can be.
See attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
This post offers a Golden Hello, or a Relocation package up to a maximum of £2000. (pro rata applies and subject to terms and conditions. Please see attached Protocol document).
Please apply using the link in this advert, or for more information explore the attachments or contact:
Rhian Tucker or Paula WEAKFORD, Clinical Team Leads; 01323 747224
Senior Nurse Practitioners Lynn Foord or Julia Ryder ; 01323 747224
************We are happy to arrange informal visits******************
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Professional MH Professional Registration
- Registered Nurse/OT or SW Qualification
- Experience of working with people with serious mental Health problems
- Experience of supervising staff
- Previous experience in the community
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.