About the team:
Lewisham CMHT is a well-established, highly experienced and supportive team, comprised of CPNs, Psychiatrists, Occupational Therapists, Clinical Psychologists and Social Workers.
The team aims to guide service users towards realising an optimum level of functioning and support them to maintain good mental health.
Main duties of the job About the role:
The post holder will work as Care Coordinator for a caseload of service users in the local community who have complex mental health difficulties, and also work with their carers where applicable.
The post holder will be expected to have excellent self-management skills, and also work collaboratively within the team. The post holder must be able to formulate flexible, robust and holistic care plans with service users and/or carers, to work well under pressure, be experienced in dynamic risk assessment, and also to have excellent communication skills.
We would also welcome applications from nurses who have significant experience and who are looking to develop new community skills and expertise in older adults. About the location:
You will be based at 91 Granville Park, Lewisham, London, SE13 7DW
Our Trust headquarters is located at Denmark Hill less than 5 minutes from the train station (zone 2). We also provide services and operate across other locations, such as London boroughs of Croydon, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark, and substance misuse services for residents of Bexley, Lambeth, Greenwich and Wandsworth.
About us Benefits
We are committed to ensuring our staff get the most out of their benefits package and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. There is an extensive range of excellent benefits for you and your family. We want you to feel like you are part of a close-knit team at SLaM. It's important to us that you valued and appreciated and that are why we have a comprehensive benefits package on offer
Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
Other benefits include:
- Generous pay, pensions and leave, we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
- Work life balance, flexible working and support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working and job sharing.
- Career development, there are plenty of opportunities to progress your career and we support your development through a number of programmes such as mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes
- Car lease, our staff benefits from competitive deals to lease cars
- Accommodation, our staff benefits from keyworker housing available which is available on selected sites
- NHS discounts, with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.
- Counselling services
- Wellbeing events
- Long service awards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff restaurants
We look forward to receiving your application
Job description Job responsibilities
We are looking for a Community Psychiatric Nurse/Care Coordinator. For a more detailed job description and person specification please see the attachments in the documents section.
Person Specification Education and Qualifications Essential
- Registered Mental Health Nurse and/or Registered Learning Disabilities Nurse
- Mentorship/Practice supervisor/Practice assessor
- Teaching qualification
- Any post graduate qualification
- Psychological/CBT training courses
Experience and knowledge Essential
- Significant relevant clinical experience
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Experience of Older Adults
- Experience of working in the community
Skills and abilities Essential
- Skills in clinical assessment / baseline mental health assessment
- Skills in risk assessment, risk management and crisis management
- Self aware, self confident, intrinsically motivated to perform well and to motivate others
- IT skills are essential including working knowledge of Word/Excel/Outlook/Teams/Electronic clinical records
- Problem solving skills; ability to identify problems, review options and take appropriate action without a predetermined framework
- Ability to present and feedback to the MDT
- Ability to escalate risks and concerns effectively
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.