'We are a Trust wide service, with therapists based in each of our 5 boroughs. We are currently looking to recruit to the Tameside/ with the possibility of a further post in HMR base,
'we welcome applications from candidates with substantial experience in working with long term health conditions, as well as those with a core qualification'
Pennine Care is seeking compassionate and motivated psychologists/psychological therapists and mental health practitioners to support patients post infection with Covid -19 in a new trust wide team.
These are permanent posts, but the trust will also consider a 12 month secondment for CBT therapists wanting to develop skills in working with physical health.
Many patients who have had Covid -19 have been left with a range of ongoing physical health complications, affecting people of all ages and backgrounds. Around 33% of people infected also have psychological or neuropsychological concerns associated with their health. Patients may be depressed or anxious, and some may have traumatic symptoms of cognitive difficulties following their treatment.
Main duties of the job
The Psychologist/Psychological Therapist will be based in Tameside, with the possibility of an additional post in HMR. This role will involve linking into the locality MDTs for post COVID rehabilitation.
As a mental health representative in the MDT you will provide advice and support to colleagues, and will facilitate referral into the team or into allied mental health services such as IAPT.
Post holders will carry a caseload of patients with complex comorbid physical and psychological difficulties, offering assessment, formulation of care and therapy.
Post holders will additionally provide specialist expertise to colleagues in the borough through consultation, advice and supervision.
Pennine Care NHS Trust is one of two trusts covering the Greater Manchester area. Psychological Medicine Services across the trust have followed national guidance and research to develop services for patients with long term health conditions and persistent physical symptoms. The GM Post Covid Syndrome model is based on the innovative pathway developed in the Oldham Psychological Medicine team, working closely with colleagues from acute, community and primary care.
Job description Job responsibilities
CBT Therapists will ideally have a core profession of Nurse, OT or similar and may have experience of working in a physical health setting, and wish to continue to develop their skills in this area, based on the emerging evidence of Post COVID- 19 syndrome.
Please see attached job description and person specification to support your application for this post. Please refer to the essential criteria in the person specification which will highlight the skills, knowledge and experience you will need to demonstrate in your application, by way of example, to give yourself the best opportunity to be shortlisted.
We welcome applications from candidates with substantial experience in working with long term health conditions, as well as those with a core qualification.
Person Specification Education/Qualifications Essential
- Core Mental Health Profession Qualification i.e. Psychologist
- RMHN / OT /Social Worker
- Post-Graduate Qualification in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy with experience to Masters level.
- Evidence of further study in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy i.e. Masters Level Degree
- Supervision Qualification
- Group Work Qualification
- Proven experience in Core Mental Health Profession
- Experience of specialist CBT assessment and treatment of clients across the full range of care settings including outpatient, community, primary care and in-patient settings.
- Organising and running groups
- Demonstrable experience of supervision others
- Organising and running groups
- Post-Graduate experience as Cognitive Behavioural Therapist.
- Experience of working with metal health and co morbid physical health conditions.
- Experience in giving Specialist CBT Supervision and in Teaching/Running Group Therapy.
- Ability to teach and train others, using a variety of complex multi-medial materials suitable for presentations within public, professional and academic settings.
- Knowledge of NHS Mental Health Systems
- Specialised Clinical Knowledge to Post Graduate level in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
- Knowledge of legislation in relation to the client group and mental health.
Skills and Abilities Essential
- Specialist Clinical Skills in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
- Ability to assess clients using CBT Framework and fully implement Treatment Programmes.
- Skills in the use of complex methods of psychological assessment, intervention and Management frequently requiring sustained and intense concentration.
- Well-developed skills in the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, complex highly technical and / or clinically sensitive information to clients, their families, carers and other professional colleagues both within and outside the NHS.
- To be able to work as a group leader.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage own caseload.
- Knowledge of Research Methodology
Work Related Circumstances Essential
- Use of a car or access to a means of mobility to travel across the Trust footprint in line with service needs
- Willing to carry out all duties and responsibilities of the post in accordance with the Trust's Equal Opportunities and Equality and Diversity policies
- Appointments to regulated and controlled activities require an enhanced DBS disclosure.
- Ability to identify and employ mechanisms of clinical governance as appropriate, to support and maintain clinical practice in the face of regular exposure to highly emotive material.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.