An exciting opportunity has arisen for a clinical lead to join the HTT team within The Bay.
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual for the post of Clinical Lead. Please read the attached Job Description/Job Specification to match your application. You must be able to demonstrate your clinical knowledge and experience, including the ability to work in a challenging role. You will have proven knowledge and experience within the acute care pathway.
The post holder will provide specialist clinical input to the team and carry a small clinical caseload of complex cases, demonstrating competence in complex decision making, assessment and the management of clinical needs within the specialist area of practice
Clinically support the flow of patient activity and bed availability by providing advice and support to colleagues in the Bed Hub in relation to relevant service user group
Support the service in its implementation of clinical effectiveness programs by taking part in any agreed research, quality improvement projects and audit projects, leading on key aspects when identified as appropriate
An informal discussion is available for all applicants.
If this sounds like an opportunity that you are interested in to progress your career then please contact us on the number provided.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will:
- Be responsible and accountable for ensuring the delivery of safe, effective and evidence-based care to Service Users as allocated within the designated pathway
- Lead on the implementation of evidence based clinical protocols/pathways
- Embed clinical pathways and support staff development in relation to this
- Contribute towards the continuous development of the clinical pathways within the service promoting a learning culture within the team
- Provide clinical leadership in relation to area of specialism using the most up to date and evidence based theory, and contribute towards service development, quality governance and assurance
- Offer expert clinical advice for service users, carers, staff and other professionals
- Lead engagement with local stakeholders and 3rd sector organisations
- Make a contribution to training, teaching and supervision of colleagues including ensuring delivery of high quality care and a good understanding, knowledge, systems and processes across the Team
- Work in partnership with service users, carers and other agencies to improve patient outcomes and experience
- Work autonomously to continuously improve the clinical practices of the team to move the service forward
- If applicable to service, liaise with supporting medical prescribers to support the supervision and practice of the NMP within the service / team.
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust provides a range of services including secondary mental health care across this area. Specialist provision comprises inpatient child and adolescent mental health services, perinatal mental health and forensic services including low and medium secure care.
The Trust also provides a range of physical health and well-being services in the community alongside a range of partners in the Lancashire, Cumbria and Sefton area.
Lancashire & South Cumbria Foundation Trust encourages flexible working, we believe that a positive work/life balance benefits NHS employees through improved health and wellbeing. We would consider working patterns such as; term time, part time, compressed hours, flexi-time and career breaks. We encourage applicants to state clearly on their application forms this request and discuss these options at interview.
For more information please visit our website via Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS FT
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see attached the job description and person specification for more information about this role.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered Mental Health Nurse/ Registered Learning Disability Nurse (as appropriate) or equivalent relevant professional registration (Social Worker, Occupational Therapist)
- Post graduate continued professional development
- Post qualification experience within relevant services
- Experience of working with a wide range of mental illnesses
- Demonstrable experience of providing teaching/training
- Knowledge of mental illness and impact upon quality of life
- Risk formulation
- Ability to manage complex caseload
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.