An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and committed individual to join our Clinical Health Psychology and Neuropsychology team. The department is based at Charing Cross teaching hospital and provides services to the Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust (ICHNT).
This post has been created as part of the continued development of the ICHT stroke services, which builds on our existing input into the stroke service at Charing Cross Hospital.
You will join an existing stroke psychologist in working together to develop the psychology input for both inpatient and outpatient stroke pathways. This post provides opportunities for service development, staff consultation and training, and research and audit, as well as for direct clinical assessment and intervention.
There are strong links to psychologists working in other parts of the stroke pathway including on a neurorehabilitation ward and in community and outpatient settings, which provides opportunities for collaboration and shared learning.
Main duties of the job
As well as inpatient ward work, the post offers the opportunity to be involved in an innovative outpatient follow-up clinic for stroke patients, which affords opportunities to provide comprehensive neuropsychological assessment and/or psychological interventions.
There is an active departmental CPD programme to support learning and the department supports external CPD though generous funding and study leave, including for the knowledge and practice components of the qualifications required for entry onto the specialist register of clinical neuropsychologists.
We are looking to recruit an HCPC-registered clinical psychologist/neuropsychologist with experience of working in a directly relevant area.
West London NHS Trust is one of the most diverse providers of mental and physical health, community and social care in the UK.
Our 3,982 staff care for people in hospital and in the community, helping them to recover and go on to lead full and productive lives. We aim to be the best organisation of our kind in the country.
We provide care and treatment for more than 800,000 people living in the London boroughs of Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham and Hounslow, delivering services in the community (at home, in GP surgeries and care homes), hospital, specialist clinics and forensic (secure) units.
We arerated good overall by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
Together, we're committed to promoting hope and wellbeing, working with patients, service users, carers, families and partners across the communities we serve.
We are keen to ensure that our workforce reflects the community it serves, particularly in terms of ethnicity, gender, disability, LGBTQ+ and experience of mental illness.
Job description Job responsibilities
For further information please contact Stephen Gunning, Head of Clinical Health Psychology and Neuropsychology department: firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 8383 0689.
Informal discussions/visits are welcomed.
Person Specification Qualifications and Training Essential
- Post-graduate doctoral level training in clinical psychology, or its equivalent, leading to eligibility for Chartered Status by the British Psychological Society.
- Registration with the Health and Care Professions Council
- Further training in an area particularly relevant to the assessment and intervention needs of patients with neurological conditions
- Experience of the application of clinical psychology assessment and intervention with patients with neurological conditions.
- Experience of representing psychology within the context of multi-disciplinary care.
- Doctoral level knowledge of clinical psychology including highly developed knowledge of lifespan developmental psychology, models of psychopathology, clinical psychometrics and neuropsychology.
- Skills in providing consultation to other professional and non-professional groups.
- Doctoral level knowledge of research methodology, research design and complex, multivariate data analysis as practiced within the clinical fields of psychology
- Knowledge of the theory and practice of specialised psychological therapies for patients with physical health problems.
- High-level knowledge of the theory and practice of at least two specialised psychological therapies.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.