West London Mental Health NHS Trust provides a full range of local mental health services to the London boroughs of Ealing, Hammersmith and Fulham, and Hounslow as well as specialist forensic mental health services, including high secure services at Broadmoor Hospital across a wider catchment area.
West London Forensic Service provides a comprehensive multi-disciplinary assessment, treatment and rehabilitation service for male and female mentally disordered offenders, as well as those with challenging behaviour and specialist rehabilitation needs. We have a number of vacancies for band 5 Staff Nurses within our Low Secure and Community Forensic Services.
As a Service we will provide you with supervision and mentorship, ongoing professional development, a well-established and successful preceptorship training programme, a stimulating and challenging working environment and opportunities for career development within West London NHS Trust. We also offer relocation expenses if applicant meets the criteria under West London NHS Trust Relocation Assistance Policy; consisting of a new and unique benefits package which includes lease cars, discount cards for high street stores, supermarkets, holidays and days out.
Main duties of the job Overview of Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To develop and maintain communication with individuals and/or groups of patients, carers and staff, about difficult matters and/or in difficult situations.
- To develop own knowledge and skills and contribute to the development of others.
- To promote, monitor and maintain best health, safety and security of self and others in work area.
- To contribute to the improvement of the service.
- To contribute to improving quality.
- To support people's equality, diversity and rights.
- To contribute to promoting health and wellbeing and preventing adverse effects on health and wellbeing.
- To assess health and wellbeing needs and develop, monitor and review care plans to meet specific needs.
- To plan, deliver and evaluate care to meet people's health and wellbeing needs.
- To transport people and/or items.
- To input, store and provide data and information.
- To monitor expenditure.
- To supervise junior staff's work.
- Maintain a high standard of clinical work when carrying out nursing procedures.
- Responsible for the safe custody of medication, including checking and administration.
- Ensure compliance with our clinical governance framework, you will motivate colleagues, champion service user safety and dignity and drive continuous improvement.
West London NHS Trust is one of the most diverse providers of mental health, community and social care in the UK.
Our 3,982 staff care for people in hospital and in the community, helping them to recover and go on to lead full and productive lives. We aim to be the best organisation of our kind in the country.
We provide care and treatment for more than 800,000 people living in the London boroughs of Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham and Hounslow, delivering services in the community (at home, in GP surgeries and care homes), hospital, specialist clinics and forensic (secure) units.
We'rerated good overall by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
Together, we're committed to promoting hope and wellbeing, working with patients, service users, carers, families and partners across the communities we serve.
We are keen to ensure that our workforce reflects the community it serves, particularly in terms of ethnicity, gender, disability, LGBTQ+ and experience of mental illness.
Covid-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role, unless an exemption applies. The successful applicant may have contact with vulnerable service users and we will therefore seek proof of being fully vaccinated during the recruitment process.
Job description Job responsibilities Job responsibilities
As a Staff Nurse you will be responsible for the assessment of care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care; and maintaining associated records. You will also assist in leading and monitoring the performance and work of the nursing staff; supervising the work of junior nursing staff, Healthcare facilitators and student nurses. You will deputise for the Clinical Team Leader when required.
The job description is attached to this advert for the Staff Nurse Position at West London Low Secure Service
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered on the NMC register, parts RN3, RNMH and RN4.
- Diploma in Mental Health nursing
- Willing to participate in Preceptorship programme if applicable
- Willing to undertake accredited courses in mental health practice leading to degree level.
- Degree in Health Care related subject
- Experience of working as a student in a health care setting
- An understanding of using essential processes that apply to the specific dimensions of the KSF outline.
- To understand the requirements of the NMC Code of Practice
- Previous experience of working in a care environment.
Knowledge & Skills Essential
- Demonstration of a developing knowledge and skill base of psychiatric nursing care
- Ability to develop and maintain communication with people about difficult matters and/or in difficult situations
- Ability to develop own skills and knowledge and provide information to others to help their development.
- Ability to contribute to improvement of services
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.