A rare opportunity has arisen for a Senior Practitioner with a specialist interest and skills in systemic Family Therapy to join the CAMHS community eating disorders team in Herefordshire on a permanent basis.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary team who will support with clinical pathway developments and responsible for delivering a service to Children and young people who have complex physical, emotional and mental health needs.
As a member of the CAMHS Community Eating Disorder Team rated OUTSTANDING
by the CQC and an employee of our Trust you will benefit from;
- Working within a supportive and valued team of professionals
- High quality regular Line Management supervision
- Robust appraisals
- Access to learning forums
- Career Progression opportunities
- Flexible working, allowing you to maintain work-life balance
- Access to LGBT, BAME, Disability and Carers Forums
- Wellbeing and support programmes
- A wide range of NHS discounts
Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will need to have proven experience working within a face paced environment, demonstrate a flexible approach, with the ability to manage workload and maintain professionalism during busy periods. The team offer a hybrid approach to working with a mix of remote and face contacts offering flexible working to successful candidates. You will have a strong passion for working with Children and young people with Eating disorders and complex emotional and mental health needs.
The role will provide you with variety and no two days are the same. You will have autonomy to balance and achieve the demands of the role and will need demonstrate your ability to be responsive and flexible to be able meet the requirements of the role.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary team offering assessments and will hold your own caseload alongside delivering Family Therapy and NICE guided interventions for Children with Eating disorders to ensure best outcomes for those accessing the service. You will require the ability to liaise with and work in collaboration with other relevant agencies according to the needs of the young person. We value strong, compassionate working relationships and your personal and professional development.
We are community hospitals, neighbourhood teams and community health services across Worcestershire and the provider of Mental Health and Learning Disability services across both Herefordshire and Worcestershire. We work in partnership with other organisations to keep our community well at home for as long as possible.
We provide services for people of all ages, across a range of settings, experiencing both physical and/or mental health conditions.
We have an open and supportive culture, recognised by the CQC and other external regulators. We want you to thrive, offering you every opportunity to develop. We will support you; help you fulfil your ambitions with a varied and flexible training programme; and empower you to make positive changes within your team or service. We endeavour to offer an attractive work-life balance, with flexibility in our approach to help you get the most out of your career.
We provide our staff with direct access to a wealth of resources to support their wellbeing, from our Staff Mental Health and Wellbeing Hub, to wellbeing festivals or access to free online exercise classes.
At the core of our values, we are committed to equality, diversity, inclusion and human rights. We take every opportunity to strengthen our approach to equality and diversity in delivering best patient care and the employment of our staff.
We would encourage you to visit the Trusts Recruitment Microsite, click the Employer Website link.
Job description Job responsibilities For full details of the duties and criteria for the role please refer to the job description and person specification attached.
The post holder will carry continuing responsibility for the treatment and management of a defined caseload of children and young people accessing the CAMHS Eating Disorder Service.
Evaluate referrals, undertake assessment, systemic formulation and intervention for children and young people and their families with presenting with Eating Disorder aetiology.
You will use a range of treatment approaches eg psychodynamic, behavioural, cognitive and psychopharmacological, as appropriate, within the overall framework of the multi-disciplinary team.
Undertake risk assessments and risk management of individuals presenting with risk of vulnerability, self-harm or other harm to themselves or others.
Promote a service consistent with the philosophy of child-centred care.
Contribute to and undertake clinical supervision sessions to support clinical practice own and others.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- A current professional qualification (RMN, RSCN, Social Worker, Occupational Therapist, Clinical Psychologist)
- Evidence of continuous and recent professional development and post qualification training / studies
- Relevant accredited courses e.g. Leadership / evidence based practice modalities such as CBT, experience in working with eating disorders
- Supervision and / or mentorship training
- Non-medical prescriber
- Experience in undertaking research projects / clinical audits
- Significant recent and relevant clinical experience post-registration
- Previous experience providing a service to children and young people within a multi-disciplinary team
- Able to demonstrate evidence-based practice
- Leadership experience / experience managing a clinical team
- Experience of working with patients with severe and enduring mental illness
- Experience of partnership working / liaison in inter-agency environment
- Able to demonstrate experience and skill in assessing mental health and risk
- Experience in training / teaching and student assessment
- Knowledge of research and clinical governance
- Knowledge of the wider influences which impact on service delivery e.g. the commissioning agenda
- Knowledge of managing change / conflict
Skills & Abilities Essential
- Ability to support the learning needs of self and others
- Ability to prioritise work dealing with a complex range of agendas
- Motivational leadership skills and effective team player
- Ability to develop new skills and manage change / conflict
- Ability to work across organisational and professional boundaries
- Skills to implement effective critical analysis
Additional Criteria Essential
- Able to meet the travel requirements of the role
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.