Staff Nurse - Band 5 Full time, permanent posts
Eden Unit is a 13 bedded female Learning Disability low secure unit, currently supporting 8 women. Although the ward can be challenging at times it is also a very rewarding area and offers a great opportunity for individuals with an interest in Learning Disability, to develop and learn new clinical skills in a secure environment.
The ward benefits from experienced managers, a dedicated care assistant team and excellent MDT working, as well as a Reducing Restrictive Practice Programme and therapies including Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT). You could also join in the weekly dance group! Please note many Trust interviews are taking place through Microsoft Teams, this can be downloaded either through the App Store or Google Play for use on your phone/tablet.
Main duties of the job
The unit currently provides a service for women with a learning disability who have forensic need and require treatment in hospital. The focus of the unit is to provide service users with treatment and learning opportunities which will minimise the impact of their learning disability and other diagnosis. The treatment will address their offending behaviour, through recognising and managing their own risks and equip them with meaningful skills for future life. This will be achieved through providing a therapeutic environment and treatment which fosters trust and encourages self-esteem. A stable skilled team and a defined treatment pathway are essential in achieving these aims. For more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements
At Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust (CWPT) we deliver a wide range of physical, mental health, learning disability and autism services, and are proud to serve communities across Coventry, Warwickshire and beyond.
At CWPT we put 'people at our heart'; this ethos is at the centre of everything we do and how we do it. We care for our staff and colleagues as much as they care for others. We have an extensive wellbeing package to support our staff both in and out of work and we offer generous annual leave entitlement. With excellent training and development opportunities, we believe in growing our talent to be the best they can be and strive to promote from within the organisation. We listen to the feedback of our staff and service users, to ensure everyone has a voice and is recognised and valued for their contribution.
We're always on the lookout for people who share our passion for improving the lives and wellbeing of people in our community, as well as our values of compassion, collaboration, excellence, integrity and respect.
The service received an overall rating of Good by the CQC and an Outstanding for care and compassion of which we are rightly proud. We have also been recognised both locally and nationally by receiving awards for the services we provide.
Job description Job responsibilities
The candidates we are looking for should possess a degree in Learning Disability or Mental Health nursing. In return, Coventry & Warwickshire Partnership Trust offers:
For more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.
- On-going support for nurses (mentoring, buddying)
- Opportunities to work towards recognised management qualifications
- Support with revalidation
- Training and development opportunities
- Generous NHS Pensions Scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (35 days on appointment to NHS)
- Employee benefits (childcare vouchers, free uniform, smoking cessation, indemnity insurance)
- Experience working within a national service, with professionals who are committed to making a profound improvement in the lives of our service users
- The opportunity to develop the specialist skills required to participate as a skilled member of an experienced Forensic Multi-Disciplinary Team.
Person Specification QUALIFICATIONS Essential
- Nursing Qualification - Learning Disability, RNMH, RNLD
- Nursing Qualification - Mental Health, RMN, RNMH
- A range of experience of working with people with a mental disorder
Personal attributes Essential
- Demonstrate caring compassionate values and a commitment to nursing
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.