Our CAMHS services in Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire are part of the Community Children's Health Partnership (CCHP) which includes all community-based children's healthcare services across the area. CCHP is provided by a partnership with Sirona Care & Health (lead partner), and Avon and Wiltshire Partnership NHS Trust (AWP).
North Somerset CAMHS joined AWP CAMHS in April 2020. The multi-disciplinary team comprises Psychologists, Nurses, Family Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Child Psychotherapists. The team caseload is varied with a range of core and specialist pathways for children, young people and families.
You will join 2 experienced substantive consultants in North Somerset CAMHS and the wider group of 17 supportive Consultant Child & Adolescent Psychiatry colleagues working across 5 community CAMHS teams and 2 Learning Disability CAMHS teams in Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire, an Intensive Support and Hospital Assessment Team, a Tier 4 inpatient unit and a variety of specialist CAMHS teams.
We are currently in the process of implementing the i-THRIVE model across AWP CAMHS, in order to transform services alongside young people, carers and our partner agencies. This provides a unique opportunity for you to develop and share your special interest and/or service leadership and management
Main duties of the job
This is an exciting opportunity to jointly develop and transform the North Somerset CAMHS service.
The post involves providing psychiatric input and leadership to the North Somerset CAMHS team.
This includes special interest sessions in CAMHS Learning Disability overseeing the care of the population of children and young people with moderate to severe Learning Disabilities and associated mental health problems, working closely with the community child health team.
The remainder of the post will involve core CAMHS work.
- The post-holder will be supported to develop their special interest.
- The job plan can be flexible, and we would consider full-time applicants.
- The post attracts an additional 15% of one year's salary as a recruitment premium
AWP has a forward thinking and inclusive medical community and we are committed to your development and helping you to achieve your career aspirations. We offer one of the most competitive and flexible benefits packages.
We are AWP (Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust) a diverse organisation with over 5,000 dedicated staff providing inpatient and community-based mental health care. We provide services from a range of locations to approximately 1.8 million people living in Bath and North East Somerset (B&NES), Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Swindon, across the county of Wiltshire and in parts of Dorset. Our outstanding people promote mental health and wellbeing. The expertise and resources within AWP are dedicated to a person-centred approach for those who use our services and for all employees. We recognise that happy and fulfilled employees give better care.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the accompanying job description for full details on the roles and responsibilities of this post.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Full GMC Registration or eligibility to be included on the register and holding a current licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Eligible for inclusion in the Specialist Register or within 6 months of gaining CCT in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Section 12 approval/ Approved Clinician Status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Relevant Higher Degree e.g. MD, PHD, Msc or other additional clinical qualifications
- MRCPsych or MRCPsych equivalent approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Additional clinical qualifications
- Wide breadth of clinical experience working with children and young people with mental health problems and their families
- Knowledge and evidence of participation in CPD.
- Evidence of effective multidisciplinary team involvement.
- Evidence of effective multi-agency working
- Specific additional therapy training (e.g. Positive Behavioural Support, CBT, systemic therapy, DBT etc.)
Personal Skills Essential
- To possess leadership skills and be able to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to manage own time, workload and prioritise clinical work
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, in order to effectively work with patients, carers and staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Clinical Skills Essential
- Skills in psychiatric assessment, formulation and risk management (including safeguarding) as well as psychopharmacology in children, neurodevelopmental disorders and attachment difficulties.
- Understanding of the management skills required to function successfully as a Consultant.
- Commitment to and experience of undergraduate and postgraduate learning and teaching.
- Understand principles of teaching.
Research & Audit Essential
- Experience or involvement in a research project and publication.
- Ability to supervise junior medical staff undertaking research projects.
- Experience of carrying out an audit project
- Evidence of management/leadership skills training.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Employer details Employer name
Avon & Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust
Weston Super Mare
Weston Super Mare
http://www.awp.nhs.uk/about-us/working-for-us/ (Opens in a new tab)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.