Consultant Psychiatrist - Early Intervention Psychiatry, South Cumbria (6PA)
*Golden Hello payment Payable
* This post is eligible for a 5% payment of basic salary payable over 2 years
We are seeking to recruit a substantive Consultant Psychiatrist to work as part of the Early Intervention Service in South Cumbria. This is a 6 PA post that would be based in Kendal and Barrow in Furness.
There will be an expectation that the postholder would join the On Call rota, for which additional remuneration would be payable.
Main duties of the job
Referrals to the Early Intervention Service are made directly by the GPs, or by the Single Point of access, Assessment and Treatment Teams, Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment Teams and Tier 4 in-patient services. Consultants are involved in initial assessment of complex cases or when a treatment has to be initiated. The consultants in the team do not provide care coordination for the service users; this is provided by other members of the multidisciplinary team
Applicants should hold full GMC registration and be included on the Specialist register of the GMC or they should be eligible for entry to the Specialist Register within 6 months of the interview date.
It is a requirement that applicants are Section 12 Approved at the time of commencing employment and have or are eligible to have Approved Clinician Status. Remuneration will be as set out in the terms of the New Consultant Contract according to previous experience.
- At least 2.5 SPAs as standard for a full time post (we would be flexible in looking at enhancements to support other activities that support the wider ambitions of the Trust).
- Excellent peer support group
- Study leave budget of £3000 over 3 years or up to £5000 over 3 years for newly qualified Consultant
- Opportunities to be a clinical supervisor
- Relocation package available.
It's also an exciting time to be joining LSCFT as we have significantly expanded our Medical Leadership positions in areas such as suicide prevention, Mental Health Law, Audit & Effectiveness, and Locality Medical Director roles. We also have an extremely active Medical Education department and support our Consultants in becoming Clinical & Educational Supervisors and nurturing their interests in this area. There are also opportunities to have a role in Digital Leadership if this is a passion for any of our Consultants.
Check out our twitter accounts for examples of some exciting things we are working on via @LSCFTMedics and @LSCFTMedEd
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification for further details about this post.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MBBS or equivalent
- Full GMC registration and Licence to Practise
- On GMC Specialist Register or within 6 months
- Section 12 approved or within 3 months
- AC status or within 3 months
- Knowledge and experience appropriate to this role
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.