An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a brand new service for West Yorkshire and Barnsley delivering inpatient services to people with a learning disability. Bradford District Care NHS Foundation Trust and South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust have come together to provide specialist inpatient services from two units at the Horizon Centre in Wakefield and a new assessment and treatment unit (ATU) at Lynfield Mount Hospital in Bradford.
Leeds and York Partnership Foundation Trust are also part of the governance and assurance group to ensure that the new arrangement works for people in Leeds, but the Trust is no longer a provider of inpatient services.
Our ambition is to create a West Yorkshire Centre of Excellence across these two units, providing great support for people through a truly collaborative partnership approach that benefits those in need of specialist inpatient care. We aspire to make this a great place to work and to do that, we need you!
We are looking for kind, enthusiastic, caring, compassionate, and motivated people who really want to make a difference to people's lives, and who can also help us realise our ambitions to serve the people living across West Yorkshire and Barnsley, so that they can access high quality, specialised care as close to home as possible.
Main duties of the job Job Purpose:
- To provide and coordinate a high standard of care to the patients within the Inpatient Rehabilitation service
- To act as a lead practitioner to ensure that the care of patients is of the highest quality
- The post holder is responsible for co-ordinating and conducting assessments of care needs, the development of treatment programmes and the implementation and evaluation of these programmes within a multidisciplinary team
- To support the Ward Manager in the management of staff, meeting quality standards, implementing policy, managing change and delivering innovation
- To delegate work to staff and be the responsible clinician in order to ensure that care requirements are implemented satisfactorily
- To administer medication in line with Trust policy and NMC guidelines
- To maintain administration information systems as required
- To comply with the correct implementation of the Mental Health Act
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values: - We Care
- We act with respect and empathy, and always value difference We Listen
- We understand people's views and respond to their individual needs We Deliver
- We develop and provide excellent services and support our partners
We will consider a variety of flexible working arrangements to enable staff to balance their work and home lives and support staff by offering a fantastic range of benefits including :
Additional cost of living payments for bands 1 - 7
Increase mileage rates for > 3500
A wide range of health and wellbeing support packages
A range of internal and external development and learning opportunities
Plus many more.
We are also proud to pledge our support to the Armed Forces and hold a Bronze Award in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
BDCFT is dedicated to environmental and social sustainability by delivering on the commitments within our Green Plan. All staff are actively encouraged and supported to participate in training and to identify and implement sustainable quality improvement across all service areas and activities.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please read the attached Job description and the person specification for further details about this role.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Leadership experience
- Experience knowledge and skills around PBS
- Experience of supervision/ appraisal
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.