International Nurse Recruitment Advert Broadmoor Hospital Registered Mental Health Nurse / Learning Disability Nurse. Registered with NMC as Mental Health Nurse / Learning Disability Nurse Staff Nurse Band 5 £32,507 - £38,680 P/A Inc of all Allowances Salary Includes an amazing £4100 Recruitment & Retention Premia for High Secure Services. Up to £8000 relocation allowance can be accessed , to bring you closer to work, criteria applies.
Main duties of the job
We are looking for skilled and passionate Band 5 Nurses, both experienced and newly qualified, to join our dedicated team at Broadmoor High Secure Hospital. This is one of the most challenging but rewarding areas in mental health nursing.To be successful in this role, you will need to be enthusiastic, forward thinking and emotionally resilient. You will be working within a supportive multidisciplinary team, caring for patients with a wide range of needs and helping them to find new hope and purpose.Our care and treatment programmes are underpinned by principles of recovery and social inclusion and much of our work is co-produced with patients. You will help to ensure that the people we care for always have a strong voice.With our new hospital now open, there has never been a better time to come and work in this unique environment and develop your career whilst helping to change lives every day.
West London NHS Trust is one of the most diverse providers of mental health, community and social care in the UK.
Our 3,982 staff care for people in hospital and in the community, helping them to recover and go on to lead full and productive lives. We aim to be the best organisation of our kind in the country.
We provide care and treatment for more than 800,000 people living in the London boroughs of Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham and Hounslow, delivering services in the community (at home, in GP surgeries and care homes), hospital, specialist clinics and forensic (secure) units.
We'rerated good overall by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
Together, we're committed to promoting hope and wellbeing, working with patients, service users, carers, families and partners across the communities we serve.
We are keen to ensure that our workforce reflects the community it serves, particularly in terms of ethnicity, gender, disability, LGBTQ+ and experience of mental illness.
Covid-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role, unless an exemption applies. The successful applicant may have contact with vulnerable service users and we will therefore seek proof of being fully vaccinated during the recruitment process.
Job description Job responsibilities
The job description is attached to this advert for the Staff Nurse Position at High Secure Services Broadmoor Hospital Benefits and career opportunities
- £4,100 recruitment and retention premium
- Up to £8,000 relocation support for those that meet the criteria.
- No problem if you are awaiting your PIN
- High quality clinical supervision and mentorship
- On-going professional development, including opportunities for training and career progression across the trust.
- Highly regarded preceptorship training programme for newly qualified staff, with accelerated pay progression following the first 12 months.
- Car lease scheme
- Staff restaurants
- Exclusive discounts on all kinds of products and services.
- Sports facilities & Free Gym
- Broadmoor Staff Angling Club
- Birthday & Wellness additional leave Days
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered on the NMC register, parts RN3, RNMH and RN4. Diploma in Mental Health nursing. Willing to participate in Preceptorship programme. Willing to undertake accredited courses in mental health practice leading to degree level.
- Diploma in Mental Health nursing.
- Willing to participate in Preceptorship programme.
- Willing to undertake accredited courses in mental health practice leading to degree level.
- Degree in Health Care related subject
- Experience of working as a student in a health care setting.
- An understanding of using essential processes that apply to the specific dimensions of the KSF outline.
- To understand the requirements of the NMC Code of Practice
- Previous experience of working in a care environment
Knowledge and Skills Essential
- Demonstration of a developing knowledge and skill base of psychiatric nursing care
- Demonstration of ability to develop and maintain communication with people about difficult matters and/or in difficult situations.
- Ability to develop own skills and knowledge and provide information to others to help their development.
- Ability to promote, monitor and maintain best practice in health safety and security of others.
- Ability to contribute to improvement of services.
- Ability to contribute to improving quality.
- Ability to support equality and value diversity.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.