We are seeking an experienced Band 6 Nurse with a real passion for older adult mental health, which includes an interest in dementia.
We have opportunities for both full time and part time Community Mental Health Nurses / Care Coordinator, to join our friendly and supportive community Older Adult Mental Health Team in South Buckinghamshire.
Main duties of the job
The service is based at Saffron House in Easton -High Wycombe, which is the newly established mental health hub south Bucks and works alongside a multi-disciplinary team that provides both Social Care and Mental health assessments, and community based treatments.
This service operates 365 days per year and follows the principals of the Care Programme Approach. The core working hours are Monday to Friday, 9.00 till 17.00. Out of hours/duty support services are managed via a team rota. Staff will be expected to work on this rota which includes 9 till 17.00 at weekends.
You will be a confident practitioner, able to work with students and teach others and be able to work under pressure and have excellent mental health assessment skills. Good communication is essential and an interest in developing physical health assessments is encouraged. This post also offers a £1,500 Premia payment for all successful candidates.
The South Buckinghamshire Community Mental Health Service is a busy and caring team that provides a high standard of care for older adults with a range of mental health conditions. The key focus is to keep patients as safe and as independent as possible, with a strong emphasis upon risk management and empowering patients to be involved in the services we provide.
You will be well supported and developed by an experienced deputy Management team and by a Clinical Nurse lead for older adults. You will also have access to Oxford Health's excellent training and development programme.
Benefits of working for Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust include:
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- 27 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, with an increase to 33 days with continuous service
- NHS Discount across a wide range of shops, restaurants and retailers
- Staff accommodation
- Competitive pension scheme
- Lease car scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- New starters have a 6 month probationary period. This, together with the induction process aims to create a positive supportive working environment allowing new employees to learn key elements of their role over a reasonable timescale.
Job description Job responsibilities
If you are interested in a role that is exciting, challenging and rewarding, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Flexible working and part time workers are encouraged to apply.
Person Specification Qualification Essential
- Registered mental health nurse
experience /skills Essential
- Relevant experience in community care and specific clinical experience in mental health
- have an understanding of OACMHTS
- Experience of supervising staff
- Have experience of risk assessments and skills in mental health assessments
- excellent communication
- experience of mdt's
personal qualities Essential
- adaptable and flexible
- keen to learn
- team player
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.