Emergency Nurse PractitionerCheshunt Community Minor Injuries unitPermanent post - Full Time - AfC Band 7
Are you an experienced Nurse Practitioner? Are you passionate about patient care? Are you looking for an opportunity to work within a supportive team?
If the answer is yes...we have a rare vacancy for a qualified and experienced Emergency Nurse Practitioner to join our small friendly well established team.Main duties of the job
At the Cheshunt Community Minor Injuries unit, all our employees enjoy coming to work and enjoy feeling a part of the team! We will ensure you are provided with clinical supervision and a supportive network to enable you to enhance your current knowledge and skills to provide high quality care. The service is committed to providing quality care to our service users and provides staff with an open, friendly and supportive environment.
We are forward thinking, innovative service and we recognise the quality of our work is through the quality of our people.About us
A big thank you for considering joining us at Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust
Youll find it a great place to work with many benefits offered to you as a member of our staff
We put our patients, their families and carers at the centre of our vision - Outstanding Services and Healthier Communities
Our staff are proud to be Innovative, Caring and Agile in their work to help achieve the Trust vision
We welcome diversity in our workforce and are interested in applicants from all backgrounds
We dont want you to miss out so wed like you to know that if we have a high level of interest in this role, the vacancy may close prior to the advertised closing date, so please make your application as soon as possible - Apply now
Youve made a great decision to apply to join to HCT - were looking forward to taking the next steps of the journey with you.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesWhat we look for in a successful candidate:
In return, we can offer you:
- Registered with the Nurse and Midwifery Council (NMC) or Registered Paramedic (HCPC).
- Recognised Nurse Practitioner Qualification or Paramedic Care Practitioner course; which must include minor injuries.
- Proven history of working in an A&E department or equivalent setting and performing the role of a Nurse/Care Practitioner and have the ability to work as a responsible autonomous practitioner in minor injuries.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients from all walks of life.
- Be committed and flexible
- Hold a full valid driving licence and access to a car to use regularly for business purposes is essential (unless you have a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010).
- 5% on top of basic salary high cost allowance supplement subject to a maximum payment of £1915 per annum (pro rata where applicable)
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service) plus bank holidays (pro rata where applicable)
- One of the UK's best pension schemes
- Special Leave for family and personal reasons
- NHS Car Lease Scheme
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- NHS Discounts
Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust is voted as one of the 'Top 100 Best Places to Work' (Health Service Journal). Our CQC rating is of 'Good'
Please apply on line!
Previous unsuccessful applicants need not apply
Whilst it is not a legal requirement, Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust encourages and supports all staff to be vaccinated as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19
We are committed to supporting flexible working options for staff, wherever possible, and welcome discussions on flexible working patterns to support our staff to maintain a healthy work life balance.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- 1st level Registered Nurse / Registered Paramedic
- Autonomous Nurse / Care Practitioner Training e.g. A33 or equivalent.
- Academic studies (level 2/3 or M) in Minor Injury/Minor Illness modules.
- Teaching & Assessing ENB 998 or equivalent.
- Up to date with BLS training
- Up to date mentorship training
- Up to date in IRMER training.
- Independent non-medical prescriber
- Evidence of further x-ray interpretation training e.g. Red Dot
- Extensive post registration experience
- Have experience of working under Patient Group Directions (PGD's) for the supply of medications
- Ability to organise the swift flow of patients through the unit safely & effectively
- Demonstrates awareness of potential risks and incidents.
- Ability to identify staff development needs and conduct peer review.
- Report any faults and maintenance issues promptly to appropriate persons
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Proven post registration experience in an Emergency Department
- Complaints Management.
- Rota / Health Roster Management
- Provide evidence of continuous personal and professional development.
- Have knowledge of current professional matters in relation to nursing and the NHS
- Demonstrates expert clinical skills.
- Ability to influence and manage change, including the promotion of evidence based practice.
- The ability to work autonomously, to meet the individual needs of clients from the age of 1 year; safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients from varied social and cultural backgrounds
- The ability to work well within a small team
- Have good listening and verbal skills and able to communicate well with children.
- High standard of written / computer skills
- SystmOne experience or similar systems
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.