As a registered Nurse, you have chosen a career in Healthcare, so now chose MPFT so we can care for you!
Posts across a variety of specialities are available at award winning
Haywood Hospital and neighbouring Cheadle Hospital for Registered Nurses from a physical health, mental health or learning disabilities background.
MPFT are one of the largest integrated Health and Social Care providers and we pride ourselves on our staff health, wellbeing and development opportunities and we can offer you:
- Our SOOTHE resources which support staff with their physical, mental and financial health. In addition to the support from our occupational health provider Team Prevent.
- Counselling and lifestyle information with advice on a variety of personal matters including our Employee Networking Group - Menopause Matters
- In our Gift which provides a platform for your voice to be heard to propose and influence change
- To be able to purchase additional annual leave
- Career development and coaching plus access to in house training programs
- Innovative research training program entitled STARS (Supporting the advancement of Research Skills)
- Empower and engage our staff with LOVE awards, LOVE long service awards and STAFF Surveys
- Child Care Vouchers
- NHS Pension Scheme, between 27 and 33 paid days holiday plus 8 bank holidays - full time entitlement
- Opportunities for flexible working (to be discussed at interview)
- Eligible for NHS discounts including blue light card and red guava
Main duties of the job
We aim to interview and provide a job offer to successful candidates within 48 hours of receiving your application. If you share our Trust values please contact us now and we will work with you to make you part of our team as soon as possible.
The Community Hospitals pride themselves on the delivery of quality care to all inpatients, many with complex needs. All wards promote the philosophy of self-care and the promotion of independence whilst offering the facilities of rehabilitation and assessment. All of our wards are dementia friendly and the admission age is 18 years old onwards.
The 6 C Principals are embedded in all we do: Care*Compassion*Competence*Communication*Courage*Commitment
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is an award winning organisation with over 9000 employees. We are one of the largest integrated Health and Social Care providers, covering services across North & South Staffordshire, Shropshire, Hampshire, Buckinghamshire, Isle of Wight and Essex.
We pride ourselves on the services provided to support with the well-being of all of our employees both physically and mentally and offer counselling support and lifestyle information. Opportunities for flexible working are also available depending on the role.
We encourage career development provided by in house training programs and coaching support.
Demonstrating our strong commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion, and in context of our objective aligned to the growth of diversity across the workforce; we are particularly seeking applications from individuals who may be from under-represented groups, such as black, Asian or other ethnic groups, individuals with a disability, or LGBTQ+ individuals who meet the specific criteria.
We are embedding values based and inclusive recruitment practices to ensure that all applicants, from any backgrounds, have an equal chance of success in achieving a role with us.
Job description Job responsibilities
- Assess and develop plans of care that enables patients to achieve their optimum level of self dependency whist recognising the individuals needs.
- Deliver and agreed patient plan of care utilising a holistic approach.
- Evaluate the plan of care liaising with the Multidisciplinary Team as appropriate.
- Planning for the discharge of patients according to individual assessment.
- Refer and liaise as necessary with appropriate statutory and voluntary agencies, acting as an advocate for patients as required.
- As a team member participate in the quality of the patients journey and experience.
- Administer drug therapy ensuring the safe custody of drugs.
Person Specification Shortlisting Essential
- Experience of providing care and interventions within a health setting
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.