Do you hold a qualification in RMN, BSc/DipSW, BSc OT or RSCN and possess the drive to join an experienced and highly motivated Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) Community Eating Disorders Service who deliver responsive and effective services to Children, Young People and Families with Eating Disorders?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Eating Disorder Practitioner to join the Worcestershire team on a permanent basis. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team who will support with clinical pathway developments and responsible for delivering a service to Children and young people who have complex physical, emotional and mental health needs.
As a member of the CAMHS Community Eating Disorder Team rated OUTSTANDING
by the CQC and an employee of our Trust you will benefit from;
- Working within a supportive and valued team of professionals
- High quality regular Line Management supervision
- Robust appraisals
- Access to learning forums
- Career Progression opportunities
- Flexible working, allowing you to maintain work-life balance
- Access to LGBT, BAME, Disability and Carers Forums
- Wellbeing and support programmes
- A wide range of NHS discounts
No two days will be the same, so flexibility, problem solving skills and a desire to make a difference are all vital for this role.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will be part of the Worcestershire Childrens Eating Disorder Service serving the Children and young people across the county of Worcestershire. No two days will be the same, so flexibility, problem solving skills and a desire to make a difference are all vital for this role. You will be a motivated, experienced clinician with a specialist interest in this field who can work in a team and are passionate about the health and wellbeing of Children and Young People.The role will require:
- Experience in assessment and management of children and young people with mental health and eating disorders presentation, clinical risk and managing own case load.
- The ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels, respecting and valuing others.
- Working flexibly to provide the service delivery need across Worcestershire (the service operates from 9 am - 5 pm, Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays)
- An enthusiastic, motivated and innovative thinker to become part of a Children and Young People facing community
- The ability to work autonomously to manage your own case load whilst working within a multi-disciplinary team and delivering NICE guided interventions
- The ability to problem solve and manage time effectively
We are community hospitals, neighbourhood teams and community health services across Worcestershire and the provider of Mental Health and Learning Disability services across both Herefordshire and Worcestershire. We work in partnership with other organisations to keep our community well at home for as long as possible.
We provide services for people of all ages, across a range of settings, experiencing both physical and/or mental health conditions.
We have an open and supportive culture, recognised by the CQC and other external regulators. We want you to thrive, offering you every opportunity to develop. We will support you; help you fulfil your ambitions with a varied and flexible training programme; and empower you to make positive changes within your team or service. We endeavour to offer an attractive work-life balance, with flexibility in our approach to help you get the most out of your career.
We provide our staff with direct access to a wealth of resources to support their wellbeing, from our Staff Mental Health and Wellbeing Hub, to wellbeing festivals or access to free online exercise classes.
At the core of our values, we are committed to equality, diversity, inclusion and human rights. We take every opportunity to strengthen our approach to equality and diversity in delivering best patient care and the employment of our staff.
We would encourage you to visit the Trusts Recruitment Microsite, click the Employer Website link.
Job description Job responsibilities For full details of the duties and criteria for the role please refer to the job description and person specification attached.
The post holder will carry continuing responsibility for the assessment, treatment and management of a defined caseload.
You will use a range of treatment approaches eg psychodynamic, behavioural, cognitive and psychopharmacological, as appropriate, within the overall framework of the multi-disciplinary team.
The role will involve completing individual assessments, risk assessments and formulation of care plans which is the subject of regular evaluation and wherever practicable is formulated in conjunction with the patient and/or their family.
Person Specification Knowledge Essential
- Working knowledge of Health Service
- Knowledge gained from working in a CAMHS community setting
- Working knowledge of mental health issues in CAMH Services
- Good knowledge of recognised disorders and illnesses in the field of mental health
- Good clinical knowledge of eating disorders
- Understanding of a range of communication styles when working with children and families in distress
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act
- Extensive post registration experience in mental health care including mental health assessment and risk assessment
- Working with children and young people
- Experience of eating disorders
- Use of therapeutic interventions within mental health settings i.e. 1:1, counselling, family therapy and group work
- Delivering teaching / training
- Providing consultation
- Working in inpatient settings
- Liaison across Tier I-IV CAMH Services
- Providing care in CAMHS community settings
- Developing a specialist area on behalf of the Service/ or local Team
- Developing policies and protocols
- Working in a multi-disciplinary Team
- Supervising less experienced members of staff
- Professional clinical qualification RMN / OT / Social Worker etc.
- Evidence of post registered clinical qualifications/training or be able to demonstrate an equivalent level of training to a minimum of post graduate diploma level
- Current registration with relevant professional body
- Specific qualification in a relevant therapeutic speciality e.g. counselling, Family Therapy, CBT, substance misuse
- Non-medical prescriber
Skills & Abilities Essential
- Able to undertake audit
- Able to undertake risk assessments within Mental health
Additional Criteria Essential
- Able to meet the travel requirements of the role
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.