#JoinUsBeYou and make a difference to a young person's life.
We are really excited to share that we have a vacant position for a Mental Health Practitioner
to work as a member of the CAMHS Community Eating Disorder Service working across Pennine Care.
With an excellent reputation and strong links to CAMHS
and paediatric teams across the GM network, our existing and well-established eating disorder team is now in the early stages of implementation of our daily intensive treatment pathway, which reaches into homes and inpatient settings, supporting young people, their families and all colleagues involved in their care.
The new pathway enhances our existing provision for young people aged 8-18 with a primary eating disorder, who live in the boroughs of Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport,Tameside and Glossop.
Main duties of the job
You will contribute to the specialist provision of psychological assessment and interventions, to young people and families.
You will hold a caseload and contribute to the development and implementation of psycho-therapeutic and evidence-based treatment plans for children, young people, and families, supported by clinical outcome measures.
Working alongside, nurses, family-based practitioners, and dieticians, with Consultant and admin support, the post holder will routinely liaise with external services on aspects of risk assessment and management of eating disorders.
You will maintain an appropriate balance of face-to-face client therapy and indirect contacts to ensure the most effective use of clinical skills and knowledge.
We are committed to the delivering the best care for our patients. The successful candidate will share this commitment and demonstrate our Trust values. and by doing so will make a positive difference to children and young people's life chances.
We are proud to provide high quality mental health and learning disability services, both inpatient and in the community across five boroughs of Greater Manchester - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport and Tameside and Glossop.
Our vision is for a happier and more hopeful life for everyone in our communities and our staff work hard to deliver the very best care for the people who use our services. We're really proud of our #PennineCarePeople and do everything we can to make sure we're a great place to work.
Our CAMHS services were rated as good at the most recent CQC inspection
All individuals regardless of race, age, disability, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership are encouraged to apply for this post. We would also encourage applications from individuals with a lived experience of mental illness, either individually or as a carer.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see attached job description and person specification to support your application for this post. Please refer to the essential criteria in the person specification which will highlight the skills, knowledge and experience you will need to demonstrate in your application, by way of example, to give yourself the best opportunity to be shortlisted.
Person Specification Education / Qualifications Essential
- Nursing or social work or equivalent Health /social care qualification Evidence of continuing professional development NMC/ similar registration Experience/ training in motivational interviewing/ CBT or willingness to work towards
- NMC/ similar registration
- Experience/ training in motivational interviewing/ CBT or willingness to work towards
- Demonstrable post qualification experience in child and adolescent mental health services
- Professional involvement with the users of mental health services, particularly children and young people with eating disorder
- Experience of case management of young people
- Experience of multi-agency working
- Knowledge of mental health issues in young people
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and National policies in relation to young people
- Knowledge of therapeutic interventions with young people
- Ability to demonstrate evidence of up-to-date knowledge of eating disorders and its application to children and young peoples
- Have a good understanding of risk assessment processes and their importance
Skills and Abilities Essential
- Ability to undertake appropriate mental health assessments
- Ability to carry out therapeutic interventions with this client group
- Ability to manage a caseload effectively
- Able to work effectively an as an integral member of the multi -disciplinary team
- Caring and sensitive to the needs of patients, staff and colleagues
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.