An exciting opportunity has arisen for two Ward Managers to join the team in Adult Mental Health Services at Roseberry Park Hospital, Middlesbrough and West Park Hospital, Darlington..
Main duties of the job
We are seeking to recruit enthusiastic leaders to manage a busy and diverse PICU and acute inpatient ward and PICU.
The successful candidates will be a highly motivated qualified mental health practitioner with sufficient experience of working in adult mental health and experience of managing and motivating a multi-disciplinary team at a minimum band 6 level.
Applicants must hold professional registration and have inpatient experience including leadership or management. You will need to demonstrate strong leadership skills and be a role model to others to join our highly motivated and enthusiastic team.
As well as providing direct management supervision, a significant part of this role will be leading the team and managing the general running of the ward.
We are the Mental Health & Learning Disability NHS Trust for County Durham and Darlington, Teesside, North Yorkshire, York and Selby.
From education and prevention, to crisis and specialist care --our talented and compassionate teams work in partnership with our patients, communities and partners to help the people of our region feel safe, understood, believed in and cared for.
We nurture the recovery journey of anyone in need of our help. In Our Trust, everyone has a say in how they are supported and treated because we listen to every person in our care until they feel understood. Our patients, their families and carers work together with us towards better mental health.
We're committed to new thinking that improves the wellbeing of our region. We connect with our communities and partners to get mental health care right, in areas that really need it.
We won't rest until everyone in our region has the mental health care they need, to lead their best possible life.
Job description Job responsibilities
The successful candidates will be expected to be part of the Duty Manager rota which will include one late shift per week (12 - 8pm) and weekend working.
Additional contact details
James Donegan, Modern Matron - firstname.lastname@example.org - 01642 837318
Rebecca Stephenson, Modern Matron- email@example.com- 01325 552130
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for further detailed information to ensure that you meet the role criteria before applying.
Person Specification Skills Essential
- Leadership and management
- Leadership inpatient experience
- RNMH / RNLD, current professional registration with NMC.
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development.
- MIP, FLIP, ENB 998 Teaching & Assessing in Clinical Practice or City & Guilds 730 Teaching in Adult Education
- Recognised sign-off mentor
- Post-graduate diploma in a relevant area
- Leadership or management qualification or willingness to work towards. Qualification must be achieved within agreed timescale.
- Quality Improvement Systems for Leaders or willing to undertake within agreed timescale
- Key skills in literacy, numeracy and ITQ level 2 (or equivalent)
- Knowledge in adult mental health and treatment
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.