**THE JOB DESCRIPTION FOR THIS POST IS PENDING ROYAL COLLEGE APPROVAL**
EPUT is looking to appoint an enthusiastic Consultant Psychiatrist with expertise in General Adult to provide medical leadership for Adult community Mental Health services covering Thurrock area. The post holder will be based at Grays Hall Community Mental Health Unit.
Main duties of the job
The successful post holder will provide regular clinics to review patients via CPA process and offer flexible emergency medical support and work collaboratively with Primary care and other services within the organisation and outside of the organisation to optimize the care of patients. The post holder will be managerially accountable to the appropriate Clinical Director. Professional accountability is to the Deputy Medical Director and the Medical Director.
As well as making a clinical difference, we believe that your development is key so you will be supported to enable you to pursue educational and research interests which go hand in hand to provide a high quality of care and safety to our patients.
Candidates must have full GMC registration and undergone full, higher professional training at Specialist Registrar level or an equivalent training and hold a CCT or CESR in General Adult Psychiatry. They must have AC approval under the MHA to act as RC for patients detained under the MHA.
To be the leading health and wellbeing service in the provision of mental health and community care.
We care for people every day. What we do together, matters.
Our strategic objectives
We will deliver safe, high quality integrated care services.
We will enable each other to be the best that we can.
We will work together with our partners to make our services better.
We will help our communities to thrive.
If you share that vision and want to make a difference to the people that use our services, then please contact us to find out more.
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Open, Compassionate and Empowering. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including;
- Season Ticket Loan
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
Job description Job responsibilities Attend CMHT and PCN MDT meetings to discuss and support ongoing care of patients. Provide regular clinics to review patients via CPA process. Provide flexible emergency medical support for the teams patients. Support patients under the MHA and the processes required under the MHA. Support clinically and supervise your training doctor. Work collaboratively with Primary Care. Liaise with other services within the organization and outside of the organization to optimize the care of your patients.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registration with the General Medical Council and on the Specialist Register.
- CCT, CESR or within 6 months of expected CCT date
- Meets Royal College of Psychiatrists criteria for appointment to the post of Consultant
- Postgraduate degree in psychiatry MRC Psych or equivalent
Knowledge and experience Essential
- Basic specialist training and 3 years higher or equivalent professional training
- Experience of clinical research methods with published research
- Experience in organising educational activities
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.