***Come and join us at CAMHS in Manchester! ****
Based at Prestwich Hospital, at our purpose built children's services.
We have 4 wards based at Junction 17 and The Gardener Unit which comprise of A Male Adolescent Forensic Service, and 2 CAMHS General Acute Units (GAU) and a Transition Ward for 18-26 year olds.
We are passionate about our staff and the care which we provide to our young people.
Development and training opportunities are available within our service.
Main duties of the job
- To be a role model, promote good nursing practice, providing supervision, support, direction and leadership on a shift-to-shift basis to junior colleagues.
- In line with the philosophy of CAMHS, our Deputy Ward Managers are responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care for the children and youg people that we support.
- Under the direction of the Ward Manager, they effectively co-ordinate the running of the clinical area, supporting nursing staff and multi-disciplinary team members to provide a quality service.
- To participate in the role of Top Site Duty Manager.
- To deputise for the Ward Manager in their absence
- We offer a great working environment, supportive managers, great teams and an attractive range of benefits.
- Our people are passionate, patient focused, positive individuals, who are committed to working together to help people live well.
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.
Job description Job responsibilities
See attached detailed job description and person specification: Staff benefits
- Pay Enhancements 30% additional for Evenings (8pm onwards) and Saturdays and 60% additional for Sundays and Bank holidays.
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 29 after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
- Excellent pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Wellbeing programme
- Blue Light Card Discounts
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Post qualifying experience
- oKnowledge of evidence based interventions for common mental health and emotional problems
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.