Provide an assessment to older people referred by the Assessment and Treatment Service and other agencies.
On occasion, it may be necessary to attend the Emergency Department, the successful candidate will provide clear Emergency and urgent Care pathways for those mental health patients who attend for assessment.
- Provide specialist expertise and work collaboratively with acute hospital colleagues and other agencies.
- Deliver excellent clinical outcomes and improve patient experience.
The post is based at the Department of Psychiatry in Eastbourne.
The Mental Health Urgent Care service is a multi-disciplinary team offering treatment as an alternative to hospital admission.
The Urgent Care team are looking for a Mental Health Nurse with experience in Older Persons Mental Health. The post holder will be involved with early detection and identification of mental health issues, comprehensive assessments, risk assessment and case management of patients on our caseload.
For the people with the right experience and skills, there will be the opportunity to gain further training and offer teaching to others.
Main duties of the job Urgent Care Practitioner for Older Persons Are you looking for a new challenge?
This is a great time to join the service and be part of building a creative and innovative service. We are seeking a Mental Health Nurse for older people experiencing mental health problems. We are focused on providing outstanding care and treatment that people and their families can be confident in.
This role involves a particular focus on older adults, working closely with the established Crisis Resolution Home Treatment Team and will offer a Practitioner the opportunity to develop and to utilise existing skills within the Urgent care pathway.
The service will:
oProvide an urgent response to all referrals for Older Persons Mental Health
oProvide clear Emergency and Urgent Care Pathways for older mental health patients.
oProvide specialist expertise and work collaboratively with Specialist Older Adult Teams
oDeliver excellent clinical outcomes and improve patient experience.
If you enjoy being a part of a team, are creative, seeking a new challenge and want to make a positive difference to the lives of people with mental health problems and their families, then we would be delighted to hear from you.
This post offers a Golden Hello, or a Relocation package up to a maximum of £2000. (pro rata applies and subject to terms and conditions. Please see attached Protocol document).
The successful post holder will be expected to work across a 7 day a week service on a shift pattern basis. There is no expectation of night duty at this time.
Job description Job responsibilities
To provide a positive and proactive assessment and treatment package to older persons utilising the successful post holders existing and developing skills.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered Nurse with current registration appropriate to the job role
- Evidence of post registration training in relevant service area
- Completion of Mentorship Course/ENB equivalent
- Extensive post qualifying experience in relevant service area
- Experience of working within appropriate care setting or an ability to demonstrate that skills and knowledge are transferable across specialities
- Knowledge of the Mental health Act (1983/2007)
- Knowledge of Mental Capacity Act and DOL's
- A working knowledge of a range of therapeutic assessment tools and their application to the service caseload
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.