The Teign Core Adult Mental Health Team are looking to recruit a full time Band 6 Senior Mental Health Practitioner.
The successful candidate will be joining a dynamic, motivated and skilled team to help build upon the successful work already done following the implementation of care pathways associated with psychologically informed interventions and you'll also be part of the exciting work we are undertaking as we build upon the implementation of the community mental health framework.
This is a permanent position is based in the beautiful market town of Newton Abbot, however the team cover urban, rural and coastal demographics that combine to make this a fascinating and beautiful area to work in.
This is a really great opportunity to join the team at an interesting and exciting time as we work towards transforming our community service so that we offer the best and most comprehensive care to the people of Teignbridge; working alongside our local primary care networks and GP surgeries.
If you would like to know more please contact us. With flexible working patterns including hybrid working, day shifts and weekday working, free on-site parking, great equipment, training and support Devon Partnership NHS Trust is growing as we establish ourselves us as one of the leading providers of mental health services in the country.
- Relocation package of up to £8k available
- Eligible for Refer a Friend Scheme
Main duties of the job The post holder will deliver high quality comprehensive mental health services. The role involves managing a defined caseload with a focus on providing expert assessment and treatment for people with complex mental health difficulties and their carers.
This will include recovery co-ordination (design and co-ordination of treatment packages that are personalised and evaluated in line with payment by results). To provide statutory Adult Social Care, Care Management functions (assessment, care planning and reviewing).
We are looking for someone with enthusiasm and energy who wants to make a difference to people's lives; is creative and innovative and highly motivated. You must have assessment and care planning skills and experience in mental health and multi-disciplinary working is desirable.
You will need to have excellent communication skills, be able to exercise clinical judgement in respect of assessing and managing risk. In addition, you need to be committed to the values and principles of recovery, and able to help deliver a safe, timely, caring and responsive service.
This is a really great opportunity to join the Teignbridge community team at an interesting and exciting time as we work towards transforming our community service so that we offer the best and most comprehensive care to the people of Teignbridge.
About us About Devon Partnership Trust
We provide mental health & learning disability services, as well as a range of specialist & secure services for the wider south west region & nationally. We are passionate about promoting good mental health & wellbeing. We strive to use the expertise & resources within our organisation, and through our partnerships, to deliver high quality services that are safe & focused on people's recovery. Our values
We not only recruit employees based on their qualifications & experience - we recruit individuals who possess and demonstrate the behaviours which underpin the core values of our organisation. These values include such attributes as showing a commitment to quality of care, improving lives of others, giving respect, dignity & compassion. We can bring those values to life in our everyday tasks by giving a smile; making time for people; challenging ourselves & others, & being open to new ideas.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer & applications are encouraged & welcomed from all sections of the community, regardless of any protected characteristics as governed by the Equality Act 2010. Part time & flexible working applications will be considered & supported, where possible. We particularly encourage applicants with lived experience of mental health & learning disabilities. We are a Disability Confident Employer.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the full Job Description and Person specification attached to this advert which will provide further information on this role.
Person Specification Knowledge and skills Essential
- An understanding of the NSF and Mental Health Act/ Mental Health Capacity Act requirements.
- CPA Process
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to engage with clients experiencing a wide range of mental health problems.
- Able to produce well written reports.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of professionals from various settings.
- Able to own problems and get involved in the solutions.
- Ability to assess and develop plans to manage risk.
- Able to plan creatively to maximise effectiveness of care plans, including complex multi-agency care plans
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent clinical assessment skills.
- Ability to manage change in a positive manner.
- Ability to be mobile across a geographical area.
- Understanding of recovery principles in Mental Health
- Awareness of community structures and social care management responsibilities
- A professional mental health qualification e.g. RMN, Social Work Degree or equivalent, BSc/Diploma in OT, SROT, Chartered Clinical Psychologist, ENB 811/812 or CPN Degree.
- Post graduate qualification relevant to specialism
- Clinical Supervision qualification
- Training to level 3 in Safeguarding children and young people: roles and competencies for Health Care staff
- Substantial experience of managing a extensive and complex caseload of clients with a range of complex mental health problems.
- Working within a community mental health setting in either the statutory or voluntary sector.
- Providing clinical supervision.
- Mentoring students in line with professional requirements
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary and multi-agency environment.
- Participation in user involvement in services.
- Experience of delivering model based psychological therapy
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Employer details Employer name
Devon Partnership NHS Trust
Collett Way, Brunel Ind Estate
https://www.dpt.nhs.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.