We are looking to recruit a Matron/operational manager to work in our York based service, Clifton House. The role is taking lead operational management for the site working closely with clinical leaders to ensure effective care delivery, clinical outcomes and effective governance.Main duties of the job
As an experienced clinician, you will know what it takes to achieve high standards of care and service user experience; and as an experienced leader, you will know how to empower, motivate and get the best from your team to ensure these high standards are maintained.
Your passion for care will be evident, and inspiring to your team. You will encourage the right behaviours and values through role modelling. Your well-developed communication skills, visibility and engaging presence on the wards and with the community teams, will mean that your teams always feels supported, safe and understand what's required of them.
Because you recognise the importance of leading by example, you'll be well organised, and manage your time effectively. An ambassador for the service, you'll strive to achieve the best outcomes for your patients and enjoy working collaboratively within our multi-disciplinary team.
So if this sounds like you, join us and discover a career that's rewarding, within an organisation that offers a diverse range of opportunities. With us, you're part of a team that's supported valued and empowered to really make a difference in improve the lives of others...exactly what nursing should be about.About us
The Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (LYPFT) is the main provider of Mental Health and Learning Disability services in Leeds. We also provide specialist inpatient services in York and some highly specialised services across the country. As a teaching trust with strong links to local universities, we are a centre of excellence for teaching,research and development.
There are many benefits of working for LYPFT including fantastic employee wellbeing support, 27 - 33 days annual leave, flexible working and remote working arrangements, the NHS Pension Scheme (LYPFT pays 20.6% into your scheme each year), coaching, support and opportunities for career development and training and education support alongside a range of exclusive discounts and payment schemes including for cars, extra leave days and more organisations such as Blue Light Card, Health Service Discounts and NHS Discount Offers.
We also have an incredible bank department, offering variety of roles in nursing, allied health professions, healthcare support worker and administration clerical. Permanent employees are automatically added to bank. Bank-only workers can choose the hours they want to work and will have the opportunity to gain additional experience, keep skills up to date, develop new ones and earn extra money without having to commit to a permanent role. For an informal discussion or more information please contact the team email@example.com Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Responsible for the development and delivery of high standard clinical services by providing strong, effective leadership and management to specified services and teams.
- To work in partnership with team managers/matrons, senior nurses and AHP colleagues supporting clinical practice and clinical governance.
- Demonstrate advanced management skills and provide support and advice to service users, carers, staff, managers and other agencies
- To work across disciplines and agencies to ensure effective partnership and the delivery of high-quality care.
- To work across the Integrated Care System within Humber Coast and Vales Secure Provider Collaborative.
- Deputise for the Head of Operations where necessary.
- Member of professional body- RMN,RNLD
- Experience of managing a multi-disciplinary team in healthcare at b7 or above
- Ability to lead the implementation of strategy, governance and service development
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.