An exciting opportunity has arisen for a caring, compassionate and highly motivated individual to work with Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust as a Band 6 Charge Nurse on Abbey Ward in our award winning Wotton Lawn Hospital. Inpatient services within Wotton Lawn Hospital are rated as 'Outstanding' by the CQC. Abbey Ward has also been accredited as 'Excellent' by the Royal College of Psychiatrists 'Accreditation for Inpatient Mental Health Services' programme (AIMS).
Wotton Lawn is an Acute Mental Health Hospital situated in the centre of the historic city of Gloucester and provides inpatient services to the population of Gloucestershire. It offers a vital service in supporting and rehabilitating those suffering from mild to severe mental health problems. All wards are serviced by an enthusiastic, multi-professional team of people, including Doctors, Nurses and Allied Healthcare Professionals who are supported by Ward Secretaries and Hotel Services Staff. Abbey Ward is a busy 18 bedded mixed gender acute ward.
We are now seeking a highly motivated caring, compassionate and committed Band 6 Charge Nurse to complement our current team of professionals. As the ideal candidate for this post you would be an experienced Mental Health Nurse seeking an opportunity to make a real difference to peoples' lives, through effective positive leadership and a passion for helping those experiencing an acute mental health concern.
Main duties of the job
The purpose of this role is to:
- Provide assessment and implementation of evidence-based interventions for service users who are experiencing common, acute mental health and longer-term recovery needs
- Facilitate early discharge from hospital and respond to agencies requiring assessment of users who are being considered for immediate psychiatric hospitalisation, handover of mental health care between primary and secondary services and vice versa
- Support clinical governance initiatives at ward / hospital level
The post holder will be a senior member of the team working with service users across the Strategic Service Units who have common and severe mental health problems.
We provide a service to our patients 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, so we are looking for flexible people who are able to work rotational shifts.
In return for your commitment we will provide the opportunity to participate in a comprehensive induction and training which ensures that you feel fully supported with the right tools to undertake this challenging, but rewarding job. We fully support and promote the continued personal and professional development of all staff relevant to their role.
Wotton Lawn Walkthrough.mp4
At Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust, we are supportive of the people we care for in the community and aim to provide a fully responsive service to everyone who needs it. This is the same approach we take for our employees. We look to value the skills and experiences of those we work with, whether they are service users, carers, families or those looking to work with us.
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust is part of the NHS. We treat NHS patients according to NHS principles and standards. The difference is the Trust is accountable to local people, rather than to Government, and so we are able to work closely with our community to develop services in the way that best suits the needs of local people.
Job description Job responsibilities The qualification, training & experience requirements for the role are underlined in the Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to the Additional Information attachment before submitting your application.
Person Specification QUALIFICATIONS Essential
- Registered Nurse Mental Health (RNMH)
- Formal teaching and assessing course
- Other post registration training qualifications
LENGTH AND / OR NATURE OF EXPERIENCE Essential
- Demonstrable post qualification experience in Mental Health
- Experience of working in an inpatient unit
- Extensive experience of first line assessments including the assessment of risk
- Working knowledge of recovering approach and social inclusion
- Experience of collaboration working with other agencies including the voluntary sector
- Experience of providing short term evidence based interventions e.g. CBT, Brief solution focussed therapy
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.