**THE JOB DESCRIPTION FOR THIS POST IS PENDING ROYAL COLLEGE APPROVAL**
EPUT is looking to appoint an enthusiastic consultant to join our Adult Inpatient team who will work on a Cherrydown ward, Basildon Mental Unit, Basildon which is a 16 beds on an acute psychiatric admission ward for female patients. The successful candidate will provide clinical leadership for the assessment and management of adult inpatients admitted to the ward.
Main duties of the job
The successful candidate is required to work independently and accountably as part of a team of clinicians offering Mental Health services. Working collaboratively with key partner organisations, service users, carers, clinicians and other practitioners within the multi-disciplinary team in delivering services; providing a 7 day a week, 24 hours a day service for 365 days a year.
As well as making a clinical difference, we believe that your development is key so you will be supported to enable you to pursue educational and research interests which go hand in hand to provide a high quality of care and safety to our patients
If you join our Trust we will ensure that you are supported and encouraged to pursue professional development interests and we have excellent links with the medical school at ARU and other educational establishments where we have shared appointments in teaching and research.
You must have full GMC registration and be on the Specialist Register, with an appropriate CCT or equivalent or be within six months of obtaining your CCT on the date of the AAC.
To be the leading health and wellbeing service in the provision of mental health and community care.
We care for people every day. What we do together, matters.
Our strategic objectives
We will deliver safe, high quality integrated care services.
We will enable each other to be the best that we can.
We will work together with our partners to make our services better.
We will help our communities to thrive.
If you share that vision and want to make a difference to the people that use our services, then please contact us to find out more.
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Open, Compassionate and Empowering. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including;
- Season Ticket Loan
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work.
Job description Job responsibilities
- To provide clinical leadership for the assessment and management of female general adult inpatients admitted to Cherrydown ward.
- Take part in the out of hours on-call rota.
- Observe the Trusts agreed policies and procedures.
- Provide, with consultant colleagues, a service in the specialty for the Trust with responsibility for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illness, and the proper functioning of the department.
- Honour out-of-hours responsibilities, including rota commitments where contracted.
- Provide professional supervision of junior medical staff.
- Participate in audit and continuing medical education.
- Contribute to the training of junior medical staff and medical students, and devote time to this activity on a regular basis.
- Be involved in research and teaching where appropriate.
- Undertake managerial, including budgetary, responsibility where appropriate.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification
- Registration with the General Medical Council and on the Specialist Register.
- Meets Royal College of Psychiatrists criteria for appointment to the post of Consultant.
- Section 12 Approval and Approved Clinician Status.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- On the Specialist Register with qualifications General Adult.
- Postgraduate degree in psychiatry MRC Psych or equivalent.
- Additional clinical qualifications.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practice at the time of appointment.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- Approved clinician status.
- Approved under Section 12.
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice.
Clinical skills, knowledge and experience Essential
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty.
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA.
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service.
- Utilises a quality improvement approach to think systemically about complex problems, develop potential change ideas and test these in practice using a systematic QI methodology.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.