Do you want to be part of a new model of community mental health care working across an Integrated Care System? Do you want to join a Digital Exemplar Trust, improving patient care through digital technology and systems?
Join team BSMHFT where our vision is simple - to improve mental health well-being, and our values of Compassion, Inclusion and Commitment are promoted in everything we do.
If you are dedicated to providing partnership care and being part of an innovative development of Local Neighbourhood Primary Care MDTs, in a city enriched by cultural diversity, join our teams at Longbridge CMHT, Rubery, Birmingham.
In return for your commitment, expertise, creativity, and ambition we will invest in your continuing professional development, encourage you to develop special interests, undertake research activities, forge links with academic centres or progress managerial aspirations to help you reach your full potential.
Main duties of the job
The Longbridge CMHT is one of 3 CMHTs in the South Community Hub. The CMHT looks after adults over the age of 25 and is supported by the South Assertive Outreach Team and the South Home Treatment team who support with mental health crisis, gatekeeping of admissions and step down from inpatient units.
It is anticipated that referrals and caseload numbers are likely to reduce as we progress with our Community Mental Health Transformation as part of the Long-Term Plans. There will be less focus on static caseloads and more focus on partnership working in local neighbourhoods aligned to Primary Care Networks.
Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust provides a comprehensive mental healthcare service for residents of Birmingham and Solihull, and a range of specialist mental health services to communities across the West Midlands and beyond. The Trust operates out of more than 40 sites, serves a culturally and socially diverse population of 1.3 million spread over 172 square miles, has an income of more than £240 million and a dedicated workforce of around 4,000 staff. A wide range of local and regional services and partnerships covering inpatient, community and specialist mental healthcare make it one of the most innovative and complex mental health foundation trusts in the country.
BSMHFT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and to protecting them from the risk of harm.
Job description Job responsibilities
Responsibilities of the post will include assessing new referrals from GPs and other referrers, including transfers from Home Treatment teams and internal transfers from other teams within the Trust, making an appropriate diagnosis, formulating management plans in the short term and long term. The CMHT works very much in a multi-disciplinary way. There is an excellent group of CPNs, OTs, Psychologists and Psychotherapists with various approaches, Physical Health Practitioners, Advanced Nurse Practitioners, Dietician and Postgraduate Doctors in Training.
Person Specification Scoring Essential
- Full GMC registration
- Approved under Section 12(2) of the Mental Health Act (1983)
- MRCPsych or equivalent
- Obtained inclusion on the Specialist Register; or
- Be within six months of the award of a Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training (CST) in General Adult Psychiatry; or
- Be eligible for inclusion on the Specialist Register
- Commitment to personal programme of Continuing Professional Development.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
- Substantial experience of psychiatry, including working with people suffering from severe mental illness, preferably in a community setting
- Demonstrable interest in the provision of gender sensitive mental health service
- Experience of providing psychological and/or social interventions
- Commitment to clinical audit within multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience of teaching and training at an undergraduate/postgraduate level
- Evidence of potential for effective leadership.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work creatively within multi-disciplinary team.
- Willingness to be involved in management of service.
- Able to participate in Consultant on-call rota.
- Able to travel
- Additional qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or another relevant field
- Broad clinical training including both inpatient and community service
- Experience serving a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic population.
- Experience of stakeholder engagement in service delivery
- Experience of contributing to or completion of a service improvement project
- Completed clinically relevant audit projects
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Employer details Employer name
Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust
Longbridge Health & Community Centre
10 Park Way
https://www.bsmhft.nhs.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.