Following an expansion to our services we are delighted to introduce an exciting new service which aims to support people leaving prison. Reconnect Care after Custody. We are looking to appoint a motivated, qualified Band 6 Mental Health Nurse, Learning Disability Nurse, Occupational Therapist or Social Worker. The Reconnect Practitioner will take a lead role in the establishment and ongoing development of the new Reconnect Service across Leicester, Leicestershire, and Rutland,
covering 3 prisons HMP Leicester, Stocken Prison and HMP Fosse Way Prison (Opening June 2023) and also the wider community of LLR. The post holder will have a keen interest in health and justice and a passion for supporting people as they are released from prison and
will work as part of a team and liaise closely with Criminal Justice Partners to work with individuals who have been referred. Following referral, the post holder will undertake a screening /assessment to identify and agree the individual's particular health and social care needs and tailor a package of support to assist in accessing identified local services. These services could include housing, General Practice, employment, or secondary mental health services and coordinating support in the community. The successful applicant will need to apply for Criminal Justice Sector/Prison vetting and Leicestershire Police vetting clearance and have it approved before a contract can be agreed.
Main duties of the job
- To provide a holistic screening, assessment and onward referral service to those individuals identified and referred, who are due to be released from HMP Leicester, Stocken and HMP Fosse Way which opens (June 2023)
- Ensure comprehensive assessments identify the health and social care needs and most appropriate care pathways and consider ways of referring to services which meet their needs in partnership with other professionals involved
- Liaise with health and criminal justice services to determine the most appropriate outcome and share information as necessary to reach an informed decision, in conjunction with information sharing protocol
- To communicate complex, sensitive and at times contentious information where persuasion, motivational, negotiating and empathetic skills are required
- Provide all age and all vulnerability screening and assessments at designated sites (if required)
- Develop risk assessment and management in partnership with families/clients, carers, and contribute to multi-agency risk assessment/management and complete relevant risk assessment and management documentation
- Work closely within a multi-agency setting, consulting with colleagues in the statutory and voluntary sector who are involved with clients in contact with Criminal justice agencies
- Participate in peer supervision and undertake clinical supervision and mentorship for unqualified team members and students on placement
Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust (LPT) provides a range of community health, mental health and learning disability services for people of all ages. Delivered through over 100 settings from inpatient wards to out in the community, our 6,500 staff serves over 1 million people living in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
Here at LPT, our values are Compassion, Respect, Integrity and Trust, which we keep at the heart of everything we do.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects our community. We actively implement equal opportunities in employment and service delivery and seek people who share our commitment. We strongly encourage applications from all sections of the community, particularly from underrepresented groups.
Details of our benefits, leadership behaviours and other important information are contained in the attached document titled Information for Applicants.
We will consider requests to work alternative hours or varied working patterns in line with our flexible working policy.
For all substantive roles, new staff (excluding medical staff) are appointed subject to a 6-month probationary period (see Probation Policy).
All jobs will require permission to work in the UK.
For all jobs the cost of any DBS disclosure required will be met by the individual. This will be deducted from salary once started.
Applicants at risk within the local NHS who meet essential criteria will have preference for interview.
Job description Job responsibilities
If you like what you've read and would like more information on the duties and responsibilities of this role, please click onto the attached Job Description and Person Specification.
Person Specification Experience Essential
- Demonstrates a strong interest in providing patient centre nursing care and patient education
- Full current UK Professional Registration (Registered Mental Health Nurse) or a relevant degree or diploma
Knowledge and Skills Essential
- Demonstrates effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility dependent upon work priorities
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Employer details Employer name
Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust
https://www.leicspart.nhs.uk/jobs/ (Opens in a new tab)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.