Our vision is to make a positive difference to people's lives by providing the highest quality mental health and community care to our local communities, to help them overcome some of life's challenges.
To help achieve our vision, we need a Consultant Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist
to join our trust. You'll work across our Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment Team for Children and Young People (HTT-CYP) based in North/South Bedfordshire.
Main duties of the job
HTT & Crisis Resolutions provides provide specialist mental health services for children and young people with complex, severe or persistent emotional, behavioural or developmental problems.
The services provides assessment and treatment of young people with mental health disorders up to the age of 18 years.
CAMHS are part of the East London NHS Foundation Trust and you'll be joining a trust that was rated by the CQC as 'Outstanding'. We're very proud of our rating and know it's a result of the time we invest in our staff and our focus on improving care for patients.
You'll be expected to offer contributions to the wider clinical leadership, the multi-disciplinary team, to provide psychiatric assessment and treatment where clinically appropriate and case management of high-risk presentations.
Applications will be welcomed from candidates included in or eligible for the Specialist Register or within six months of obtaining their CCT.
Job description Job responsibilities
For further information relating to this vacancy please see attached job description and person specification.
Person Specification Education Essential
- Fully registered with the General Medical Council
- On the GMC Specialist Register or within 6 months of CCT, on approved higher training scheme
- Membership or Fellowship of the Royal College of Psychiatrists or equivalent qualification (in accordance with Royal College of Psychiatrists guidelines)
- Approval under Section 12(2) of Mental Health Act 1983
- A higher degree such as MD or PhD
- Approved Clinician status
- Experience of clinical work in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry at SpR, SASG or consultant level within the last 3 years
- Excellent working knowledge and experience of the application of the Mental Health Act
- Appreciation and understanding of transcultural and gender issues in psychiatry and a commitment to developing culturally sensitive practices
- Higher training in a specific psychotherapeutic treatment or modality eg. Family Therapy, CBT, individual or group psychotherapy.
- Leadership skills
- Ability to work as a part of multidisciplinary, multi-model team
- Creative in the design and implementation of treatment programmes
- Ability to manage complex workloads and support others to do that
- Consultation skills to services, teams and individuals
- Commitment to working with service users on service development
- Formal leadership and management training
- Experience of team /service leadership
- Experience of service development and introducing new services in mental health
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary team and provide leadership for the team
- Self-motivating and innovative
- Expertise in risk assessment
- Commitment to clinical governance
- Experience in supervising trainee doctors and SAS doctors
- Experience in teaching junior staff
- Good teaching and communication skills
- Experience of teaching non-medical mental health professionals
- Medical education qualification
- Experience of teaching medical undergraduates and postgraduates
- Experience of research work
- Audit experience
- Experience of grant-funded project work
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals in relevant academic fields
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.