We have recently undergone a refurbishment of the Place Of Safety (POS) at Meadowfield and are looking to recruit Band 6 nurses to join our team. The new POS (136 suite) consists of a secure outdoor space, separate accommodation, assessment and office space and has been equipped with brand new furniture.
We would like to create an environment where service users, nurses, nurse associates, nursing assistants and carers are all leaders and actively involved in making decisions about our services.
We would like you to be a part of our team during these exciting times.
This post offers The Trust's Golden Hello for band 5 or 6 Nurses, or a Relocation package up to a maximum of £2000. (subject to terms and conditions. Please see attached Protocol document).
To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID
Main duties of the job
This position would be open to an experienced staff nurse looking for new opportunities forgrowth and development or a current charge nurse/community nurse with B6 experience.
This role would give youexcellent experienceand a firm foundation in assessment while in a safe environment and in interventions for a variety of mental health conditions. You would be working within a Mental Health hospital with 3 acute wards and a Haven. You would also work closely with the crisis team in facilitating the correct outcome for service users that come in to the suite.
The role will involve co-ordinating MHA assessments, liaising with Sussex Police, the approved mental health practitioner teams, and the local community mental health teams with regards to section 136 and Section 135 Mental Health Act assessments. It will also involve the delivery of focused clinical interventions prior to the Mental Health Act assessment with a view to reducing the use of the Mental Health Act and reducing the need for admissions.
Shifts within the suite followa 12-hour shift pattern and we can offer a flexibility with both day and night shifts as well as Full-time or Part-time hours.
You would be encouraged to seek development opportunities and training, alongside regular supervision, as well as providing senior nurse input. We are also very keen to embrace further quality improvement projects, we are keen for further ideas to be explored and for nurses to lead on these. We will also support staff to complete nurse prescribing and attain Associate clinician status.
We'd love you to join our organisation that is rated 'good' overall and 'outstanding' for caring by the CQC. Our staff agree, with 82%in our recent staff survey telling us that they recognise that care for patients is our top priority.
Other key staff survey results include:
We encourage flexible working
- 70% highlighting flexible working opportunities as a key point at work
- 79% reporting feeling able to make suggestions to improve the work within their team
- 77% identifying the opportunities to show initiative in their roles
. We know that a positive work/ life balance brings about huge health-related benefits, which has a positive impact on the care we provide. Please speak to us about flexible working, for example, home-working, part time hours, flexible start/ finish times or anything else. If it works for you and works for the role, we'll do our best to make it happen.
Job description Job responsibilities
- Undertake assessments of individuals with complex mental health presentations, including those service users presenting with higher levels of risk. To develop in collaboration with the service user their care plan and their recovery plan.
- Offer specialist nursing assessment and advice where required.
- Assess and manage on going risks as identified during the assessment, ensuring that this is done in collaboration with the service user and carers. To regularly review risk factors and make changes to the management of them as necessary.
- Provide supervision of junior staff and trainees where appropriate.
- Regularly take charge of the clinical environment over a span of duty
- Deliver brief focused interventions to reduce the use of the Mental Health Act and reduce the need for admission.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered RMN with current registration
- Registered Nurse with current registration (mental health / LD/ Adult) appropriate to the job role.
- Completion of Mentorship course/ENB equivalent and experience as sign-off mentor
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Significant post qualifying experience relevant to the care group
- Experience of supervising staff and students
- Experience of working alongside people with severe mental health problems particularly in their acute phase of illness
- Experience of supervising staff
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience of conducting clinical assessments including risk assessments
- Experience of partnership working within and across various statutory and non-statutory teams and agencies
- Experience of working within the CPA process
- Understanding of clinical governance
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.