1.0 wte full-time or flexibility for 2 x 0.6wte part-time
Working with Older People is a truly rewarding career path - making a difference to older people's lives and enabling them to fulfil their potential is priceless. If you are looking for a stimulating and enriching career as an Applied Psychologist in a team that will truly value your specialist skills - then look no further. Here are some reflections from the team you'd be an integral part of:
The difference our psychologists make to patients is amazing and is truly valued by the patients/the carers and the staff. As a ward manager I can honestly say that our team highly values psychology and the part they play in our MDT. We are looking to develop our therapeutic environment on the wards with nurses, medics, OT and psychology having a forward thinking approach. I cannot wait to work withthe successful applicant and to work with new approaches and ideas
Not only would you be joining a multi-disciplinary team who truly values your contribution but you would also be welcomed to a friendly and talented Older Adult Psychology Team with a well-defined and clear structure.
We're an incredibly supportive team with a great track record for growth via Continuing Professional Development and a commitment to Quality Improvement which brings with it exciting opportunities to influence and network across the Trust.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will be working with clients who present with a wide range of complex mental health, clinical and social needs often presenting along with comorbid frailty and chronic physical health conditions. Examples of clinical presentations range from bereavement and trauma, psychosis, anxiety, depression, personality disorder, as well as people with dementia. The main clinical roles would include:
- The provision of bespoke specialist psychological assessments for individuals, carers, and families of service users, using complex psychological data from a variety of sources.
- Supporting and developing team formulations, facilitating regular complex case discussions, and supporting staff in creating and implementing psychologically informed, person-centered care plans.
- The provision of a range of psychological interventions for service users, and, where appropriate, for carers and families.
- Carrying out detailed neuropsychological assessments where indicated and helping the team with formulation to aid the management of challenging behaviours.
- Facilitating reflective practice sessions to ward teams
About us Getting to know the Older Adult Psychology team here at BCHFT ABOUT US
Led by a Divisional Lead Psychologist who is committed to raising the profile of our team and the influence of psychology across the organisation, enabling other professionals and leaders to think psychologically and systemically to support and enhance the organisation, client care, and staff well-being.
A thriving and forward-thinking psychology team within an Older Adult Mental Health Division with a wide array of special interests and a commitment to growth through CPD
A closely linked team of psychologists that work across all services within the Division including Community, In-Patient and Memory Assessment services across the 4 Black Country areas of Wolverhampton, Sandwell, Walsall and Dudley
A core part of multi-disciplinary teams working closely with colleagues to improve access to psychological interventions across a variety of services
Involved in a number of exciting transformational projects including the recent launch of the Older Adult Therapeutic Service (OATS), and expansion of the In Reach to Care Homes (IRTCH) Service
Please see our Older Adult Psychology at BCHFT pdf attached We look forward to hearing from you and welcome contact to discuss the post and/or to arrange a visit to any one of our teams.
Job description Job responsibilities Clinical Duties
including Provision of highly specialist psychological assessment of clients in our in-patient units in Bushey Fields Hospital (Malvern and Holyrood Wards) presenting with highly complex conditions based on the appropriate use, interpretation and integration of data from a variety of sources, which may include neuropsychological testing. Risk assessments and Formulation of plans for highly specialist psychological therapy and/or management of clients mental health conditions including challenging behaviour based upon an appropriate conceptual framework and evidence-based practice and negotiating the implementation of such plans with clients and/or their carers. Supervisory/Professional Responsibility
Clinical supervision of Trainee Applied Psychologists and Assistant Psychologists. Clinical supervision of junior Applied Psychologists working within immediate area, under the guidance of Consultant Applied Psychologist Multi-Disciplinary Training and Development
Provision of highly specialist advice, guidance and consultation to other direct care staff in MDT, clinical supervision to other direct care staff in MDT,
Devising and delivering training to other staff in MDT Service and Organisational Development
Planning and mapping interventions with members of the MDT to determine best treatments for groups of clients. Taking an active role in MDT delivery of CQUIN and QIP projects, NICE benchmarking and compliance requirements as required within MDT Service Redesign and Cultural Change Service Evaluation and Research
Person Specification essential/desirable Essential
- oPost-graduate doctoral level training in applied Psychology (or its equivalent) as accredited by the BPS including models of psychopathology, clinical psychometrics and neuropsychology, two or more distinct psychological therapies and lifespan developmental psychology.
- oPost-doctoral training in one or more additional specialised areas of psychological practice
- oHCPC registration as an Applied Psychologist
- ofor 8A: Trained in clinical supervision and the supervision of doctoral trainees
- Evidence of continued Professional Development
- oRegistration with BPS
- oFurther qualifications relevant to the post
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.