Hurst Place is part of the Rehabilitation and High Support Care Hub, which is in addition part of Specialist Sevices. .
We are a 15 bed male mental health rehabilitation Unit based on the Tameside general Hospital site. Our rehabilitation programme focuses on assisting our service users, via a recovery focused programme of care and social inclusion, to reach their maximum individual level of functioning, to enable them to live as independant a life as possible outside of hospital.
Main duties of the job
To be an integral part of the team providing direct care to patients. This amongst other duties relating to patient care will include personal care, medication administration, care planning and review, risk assessment and review. Assisting patients to access the community.
To act as named nurse to individual patients.
To liaise with members of the wider MDT in a professional and timely manner.
To liaise with carer's and family in a professional and timely manner.
To regular act as shift co-ordinator ensuring the smooth running of the clinical area and best utilisation of resources available with the support of senior clinicians within the team.
To provide supervison and support to junior members of staff and student nurses.
Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust is a well established mental health Trust. Our headquarters are based in Ashton-Under-Lyne. The Trust offers a generous annual leave allowance that does increase along with time in service. The Trust supports staff via regular supervision in your work base and also yearly individual personal development review. The Trust provides a staff wellbeing service and access to occupational health.
Job description Job responsibilities
The job description and main responsibilities of the job role are provided and attached in the documents section.
Person Specification Education and qualifications Essential
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Qualification
- Experience of working within mental health setting.
- Experience of working within Multi-Disciplinary Team.
- Experience of admission and discharge process.
- Experience of working within framework of Care Planning Approach
- Previous experience of working on an acute mental health ward.
- The Mental Health Act 1983 and Code of Practice
- Legislation relating to discharge and aftercare
- Care Planning and Management.
Skills and Abilities Essential
- Evidence Based Practice
- Communication Skills
- Excellent Inter-personal Skills
- Ability to negotiate constructively.
- Care Planning and Management.
- Managing Violence and Aggression Skills
- De-escalation of violence and aggression.
- IT Skills
Work Related Circumstances Essential
- Work Related Circumstances
- Commitment to caring for mental health patients
- Use of a car or access to a means of mobility to travel across the Trust footprint in line with service needs
- Willing to carry out all duties and responsibilities of the post in accordance with the Trust's Equal Opportunities and Equality and Diversity policies
- Appointments to regulated and controlled activities require an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.