CAMHS/Warwickshire's Youth Justice Services - Specialist Mental Health Practitioner - Band 7
Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Partnership Trust is able to offer an exciting opportunity for a full-time Band 7 Mental Health Practitioner to join Warwickshire's Youth Justice Service, whose aim is to work with children and young people who have offended or are at risk of offending to help prevent them getting into further trouble. Additionally, there is a close working relationship with Coventry's Youth Offending health team. Part-time hours will also be considered. The service works with the young people and their parents or carers along with other agencies and organisations in the local community. You will be professionally qualified and registered. Registered Counsellors may apply, but they must have completed their accreditation. Please note many Trust interviews take place through Microsoft Teams, this can be downloaded either through the App Store or Google Play for use on your phone/tablet.
Main duties of the job
As a key health member of the multi-disciplinary, multi-agency Team, your role will include assessing health needs, offering therapeutic interventions, identifying risk and collaborating on developing plans on how to manage future risk. You will also advise colleagues and liaise with other health professionals in order to help young people access appropriate general health and/or mental health services. For more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.
The post is being offered as a substantive post. Clinical and professional supervision will be provided by a health professional and operational supervision from the youth offending service line managers.
- Flexible working
- Regular clinical and management supervision
- Training and development opportunities
At Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust (CWPT) we deliver a wide range of physical, mental health, learning disability and autism services, and are proud to serve communities across Coventry, Warwickshire and beyond.
At CWPT we put 'people at our heart'; this ethos is at the centre of everything we do and how we do it. We care for our staff and colleagues as much as they care for others. We have an extensive wellbeing package to support our staff both in and out of work and we offer generous annual leave entitlement. With excellent training and development opportunities, we believe in growing our talent to be the best they can be and strive to promote from within the organisation. We listen to the feedback of our staff and service users, to ensure everyone has a voice and is recognised and valued for their contribution.
We're always on the lookout for people who share our passion for improving the lives and wellbeing of people in our community, as well as our values of compassion, collaboration, excellence, integrity and respect.
Job description Job responsibilities
The service is seeking someone who, in addition to possessing excellent clinical skills, has excellent communication skills, is comfortable working in a multi-agency setting and is able to develop productive working relationships with outside agencies, to ensure the needs of the young people are supported. This role requires the ability to produce accurate and timely reports. You should have experience of working within the community and possess a practical understanding of the need to be flexible in the way services are delivered to this group of young people.You may already be successfully working with young people who are difficult to engage and who may have complex needs including emotional, behavioural and/or mental health difficulties. Your experience will be invaluable to the support we aim to provide to this vulnerable and challenging group of young people. For more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Professional qualification-RN (Mental Health) RN (Child), Psychologist, Social worker, OT, Family Therapist, or Counsellor with recognised registration.
- Post registration qualifications such as Child & Adolescent Mental Health, therapeutic approaches with children and families, sexual health or health promotion qualifications.
- Post graduate study equivalent to Masters degree or equivalent experience
- Significant experience working in young people's health services.
- Significant experience of working with young people with complex mental health needs.
- Experience of mental health assessment and implementation of a range of evidence-based therapeutic interventions in complex cases
- Experience of collaborative Multi-Disciplinary and Multi-Agency working
- Experience of working with complex family and professional systems
Knowledge and skills Essential
- Understanding of child development and family functioning
- Knowledge of the range of Young People's Mental Health problems and Mental Health Services
- Ability to work in partnership with young people, families and other professionals
- Ability to negotiate and to speak from a position of authority on young people's mental health issues, and give evidence in Court
- Ability to work flexibly and creatively as an autonomous practitioner, in order to meet the needs of children, families and professionals
- Ability to screen referrals and clarify when consultation is appropriate and/or when onward referral to specialist Child/Adult Mental Health services is necessary
- Proven ability to work with other professional groups
- Ability to manage a complex caseload
- Ability to engage young people and their families in order to offer and deliver clinical services
- Ability to conduct comprehensive assessments of young people and their families
- Ability to communicate highly complex condition-related information to young people and their families, often in an emotive and/or hostile environment
- Ability to offer effective, evidence-based interventions
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Ability to plan and prioritise work
- Ability to co-ordinate multi-agency activities which may require adjustment of plans
- Car owner/driver and possess full UK driver's licence
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.