This is an exciting opportunity for a Band 6 Social Worker to be part of developing the Supported Accommodation provision that is under development.
The Supported Accommodation team currently contracts approximately 100 placements with private providers for individuals with a Mental Health diagnosis. The team work with inpatient wards and community teams to process referrals and manage placements.
The team is currently working closely with commissioners and Social Care colleagues to develop alternative housing options and support arrangements. Part of this project will be looking at service user engagement and how this information informs future service development as well as assessments to establish ongoing needs.
We are seeking a motivated, self-directed and innovative individual to join this enthusiastic, and creative team. We'd like to develop this service to build on what we have achieved so far and want to find somebody who can add to this with their ideas and experience.
The job also would make an excellent development post for an individual interested in management as can involve basic project work and team development. There will be an opportunity to complete a band 6 relevant leadership course.
Main duties of the job Clinical Responsibilities
- To provide clinical support, consultation and advice to colleagues within GHC
- To undertake expert assessments, interventions and support planning involving individuals, as well as all relevant professionals, partner agencies, carers and family
- To ensure practice is evidence-based and meets professional standards, including maintaining appropriate professional boundaries
- To effectively monitor the safety, effectiveness and value of provision in Supported Accommodation Services and provide feedback for contract meetings
- To ensure risks are clearly identified and safeguarding concerns are managed in line with Trust policy and escalated accordingly, including child protection, adult safeguarding and Mental Capacity Act issues
Leadership and management responsibilities
- To ensure mandatory training is up-to-date
- To actively participate in continued professional development (CPD)
- To provide training to other staff within the team and other services
- To support colleagues with professional development opportunities
- To actively engage in appraisal and setting/reviewing goals and objectives as an individual and a team
- To provide support and supervision to junior team members if required
- To support the daily management of the service
- To recognise own professional limitations, seek support appropriately and actively participate in supervision, including effective planning for sessions
At Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust, we are supportive of the people we care for in the community and aim to provide a fully responsive service to everyone who needs it. This is the same approach we take for our employees. We look to value the skills and experiences of those we work with, whether they are service users, carers, families or those looking to work with us.
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust is part of the NHS. We treat NHS patients according to NHS principles and standards. The difference is the Trust is accountable to local people, rather than to Government, and so we are able to work closely with our community to develop services in the way that best suits the needs of local people.
Job description Job responsibilities The qualification, training & experience requirements for the role are underlined in the Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to the Additional Information attachment before submitting your application
Person Specification Registered Professional Social Work Qualification. Essential
- Completion of ASYE or equivalent post-registration experience.
- Evidence of continued professional development.
- Evidence of formal post registration learning.
- Experience of working with complex mental health patients.
- Experience of collaboration working with other agencies including the voluntary sector.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook.
Experience in Social Work Essential
- Has had some post qualification experience
- Has had some experience of independent working as a Social Worker
Evidence of Social Work experience Essential
- Evidence of Social Work assessments completed
- Evidence of working with other health and social care professionals
- Evidence of working successfully with service users
- Evidence of working with partner agencies
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.