At MPFT we pride ourselves on staff wellbeing and development and can we offer you:
- Our SOOTHE resources - supporting staff across the trust with their physical, mental and financial health. In addition to the support offered from our occupational health provider Team Prevent.
- Counselling support and lifestyle information with advice on a variety of personal matters
- In our Gift providing a platform for your voice to be heard to inform change
- The opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- Opportunities for flexible working (depending on the role)
- Career development opportunities and coaching plus access to in house training programs
- Innovative research training program entitled STARS (Supporting the advancement of Research Skills)
- Child Care Vouchers Scheme
- Recognition and engagement through our staff LOVE awards, LOVE long service awards and Staff Engagement Surveys
- NHS discounts available via the Blue Card and Red Guava schemes
Main duties of the job What you will be doing:
- Carrying out the day to day responsibility for the operational management and delivery of services within the multidisciplinary team and ensuring that a high quality of service is delivered within this clinical area.
- Responsible for the management of staff within the team, leadership, the delivery and delegation of management supervision and ensuring appropriate clinical / professional supervision takes place as per Trust policy and procedure.
- Will provide training and education to the Acute Trust Staff working within the footprint of QHB, on matters relating to mental health and illness, alongside Clinical / Quality lead colleagues.
- While this post is not primarily a clinical / practitioner post, the post holder will still be expected to undertake direct clinical work, depending on the needs of the locality and capacity of the service. In their clinical practice, the post holder will be expected to work to the requirements of the Practitioner post appropriate to their profession.
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (MPFT) is an award winning organisation with over 9000 employees. We are one of the largest integrated Health and Social Care providers, covering services across North & South Staffordshire, Shropshire, Hampshire, Buckinghamshire, Isle of Wight and Essex.
Demonstrating our strong commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion, and in context of our objective aligned to the growth of diversity across the workforce; we are particularly seeking applications from individuals who may be from under-represented groups, such as black, Asian or other ethnic groups, individuals with a disability, or LGBTQ+ individuals who meet the specific criteria.
We are embedding values based and inclusive recruitment practices to ensure that all applicants, from any backgrounds, have an equal chance of success in achieving a role with us.
Job description Job responsibilities Please check out the videos below showcasing why you should grow you career here with us at MPFT:
Why Work for Mental Health Services at MPFT - YouTube
Development and Progression Within Mental Health Services at MPFT - YouTube
Liaison Psychiatry (East) is one of two teams in South Staffordshire, providing comprehensive mental health input into the general hospitals, across all wards and the Emergency Departments (ED).
Liaison Psychiatry (East) is based at Queens Hospital, Burton-upon-Trent, also covering its community hospitals in Lichfield and Tamworth, part of University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Trust (UHDB). The team has been gradually increasing in size and provision, and now provides an all-age service 8am 10pm, 7 days a week, all year round, with funding for further expansion.
We are looking to recruit a skilled, dynamic and motivated individual, who will have day to day responsibility for the operational leadership of this multidisciplinary team. You will work alongside the collective leadership to ensure that a high quality of service is delivered within this clinical area, and that the team feel well led.
You will offer experienced, visible leadership, form effective working relationships with colleagues and professional leads both internal and external to the team, and act as an excellent role model. The successful candidate will have a clear role in reviewing and maintaining operational standards, performance and management aspects, and continue the drive forward towards a Core24 provision. Experience of Liaison Psychiatry and an understanding of the wider influences on the service would be desirable.
In return, you will have the opportunity to be an important part of developing this service further, shaping the experience of those with mental health needs in the general hospital and leading a team of dedicated clinicians and support staff. The service is a supportive environment which promotes personal and professional development, and the post holder will receive regular support, supervision, and appraisal.
If the sound of this post interests you, and you are a positive, experienced and confident leader, we would welcome your application. For informal discussions or visits to the team, please email or MS TeamsShelley Evans (Service Lead for Mental Health Urgent Care Services, South Staffordshire)
email@example.com or Rob Smith (Operational Lead) firstname.lastname@example.org What you will get:
- An annual salary of up to £47,672 (37.5 hours per week) depending on experience
- 35 - 41 days annual leave including bank holidays(depending on length of service)
- Ongoing career development and training
- NHS Pension Scheme one of the most comprehensive and generous schemes in the UK
- Wellbeing support, such as access to the MPFT Staff Psychology Service, and additional wellbeing days, along with activities throughout the year
- Annual recognition event recognising our employees who live and breathe our values
- Flexible working opportunities
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, a cycle to work scheme, an annual leave purchase scheme, and much more! Things that you will have:
- First level professional Nursing /AHP/Social Work qualification.
- Post-registration experience and/or evidence of formal courses and training at post graduate diploma level
- Experience of managing multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience in the direct line management of health or social care staff
- Significant demonstrable post qualification experience at Band 6 working in a mental health / specialist inpatient setting.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- First level professional nursing /AHP/Social Work qualification.
- Experience of effectively initiating, developing, implementing and evaluating operational processes.
- Experience of managing multi-disciplinary teams
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.