An exciting opportunity for three band 6 mental health practitioners to join our new At Risk Mental State (ARMS Pathway). This is a new and innovative expansion of our First episode in psychosis pathway. We are looking for experienced and committed professionals to help us to build our service going forward. The service will be county wide and will cover our north and Derby services. The role of the service will be to have early engagement with service users to help to avoid a first episode of psychosis by clinical and psychological interventions. The post will involve educating other services about the ARMS pathway. Due to the development of the service successful applicants will be working in our early intervention services initially at appointment into post.
Main duties of the job
Successful applicants will be in involved in the development of our ARMS service in line with the NHS long term plan. The service will be for people between the ages of 14-65 who may be at risk of developing a first episode of psychosis. Successful applicants will be involved in early assessment detection and engagement with service users to prevent or delay transition to first episode of psychosis. The post will require ongoing risk assessments. Successful applicants will have contact with various stakeholders in the service. You will be supported to complete the Comprehensive Assessment of At Risk Mental state training (CAARMS) and family work training.
Join 'Team Derbyshire Healthcare' and become part of a talented, compassionate and enthusiastic workforce committed to a vision of 'making a positive difference in people's lives'.
CQC rated us as 'GOOD' overall, commenting on how our colleagues treated patients with compassion and kindness and felt positive and proud about working for the trust.
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days annual leave/year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years & 33 days after 10 years' service
- Yearly appraisal and commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our LGBT+ network, BAME Network and Christian Network
Job description Job responsibilities Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification. To apply, please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account.
Person Specification Experience Essential
- Experience of working with a varied age range a a variety of psychiatric conditions.
- Experience of working in a community based setting
- Experience of providing psychological interventions CBT/DBT/ERP
- Experience of assessment/care planning
- Mental health qualification RMN, Occupational Therapist, Social worker
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Evidence of multi disciplinary working
- Excellent assessment skills
- Ability to travel across the county
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.