Rose ward is an 18 bedded (plus 2 'surge bed's for periods of high demand) in-patient was specialising in the acute psychiatric care of women of working age experiencing acute mental illness, complex emotional needs and other related disorders. The service provision is 24 hours seven days a week. The teams are Multidisciplinary, and you will have extensive support and role development.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a band 5 or band 6 nurse who is looking for further development opportunity into a Band 6 Deputy Ward Manager role on Rose Ward. This is an exciting opportunity for a forward thinking confident aspiring nurse leader. Working within the acute care service line requires a high degree of personal resilience and the successful candidate will need to be highly motivated and enthusiastic, be mindful of personal and professional boundaries and able to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team setting.
Main duties of the job
The successful candidate should have the ability to:
- The post holder will be responsible for assessment of care needs and the development implementation and evaluation of programmes of care.
- The post holder is expected to carry out all relevant forms of care and will regularly take charge of the ward.
- The post holder is expected to supervise junior staff and will be expected to take responsibility as the key nurse for a defined group of patients and may act as an associate nurse in the absence of a colleague.
- The post holder works with minimum supervision in the assessment of all relevant care needs and in the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care.
- The post holder is expected to participate fully in audit and quality assurance initiatives, with particular emphasis on a 'customer first' approach.
- The post holder is expected to act as a role model.
- Be willing to enhance or have experience in clinical decision making, biopsychosocial assessment of mental health and physical health needs, crisis management, and joint working with multiple agencies/services.
- Be willing to develop or have experience in quality improvement
- Be willing to develop or have experience in risk management skills
You will possess good organisational and personal management skills; excellent communication and interpersonal skills; demonstrate an ability to be flexible, adaptable and be a positive thinker.
About us Agile and flexible working:
As one of the few Trusts in London we are proud to offer flexible working as part of our new ways of working, and we are happy to talk flexible working at the interview stage. In this role you will be able to work a 24/7 shift pattern, Monday to Sunday, and we will aim to give you the very best of a good work life balance. Please note this role is not able to be carried out from home. Career progression pathways and development opportunities
We are committed to get the very best out of our staff and support staff in their career aspirations. We have career pathways available, where you will be able to develop your skills and build on your experience to progress into other roles across different specialties. About our locations: Queen Mary's Hospital (Roehampton)
Queen Mary's Hospital is based in Roehampton on the border of Barnes and Putney, with good transport links, close to the A3 and a very short bus ride from Barnes station. The nearest underground station is East Putney station. However, as part of the Trust's Estate Modernisation Programme, Rose Ward will be moving to Springfield Hospital (Tooting) in Spring 2023, and eventually moving to Tolworth Hospital in 2025.
Job description Job responsibilities
As a Registered Nurse you provide direct personal care to service users/ patients, without direct supervision, and co-ordinate the care given by colleagues.
The post holder will deliver high quality safe nursing care, ensuring consistently high standards of practice and clinical excellence which comply with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) code of professional conduct.
The role includes leading the delivery of comprehensive service user assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of person-centered care in a collaborative way.
The post holder will co-ordinate a first class service that includes assessment and monitoring of physical health, maintaining service users rights, supervising junior staff and students, working collaboratively with the Multi-Disciplinary Team and maintaining a safe and therapeutic working environment and accurate records.
Band 6 nursing roles are only open only to staff with a nursing registration, obtained as a result of completing a qualification recognised by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
Person Specification Education and Qualification Essential
- Registered Adult Nurse and/or Registered Mental Health Nurse and/or Registered Learning Disabilities Nurse
- Mentorship qualification
Experience and Knowledge Essential
- Experience of research-based/reflective practice, e.g. understanding and ability to use supervision to reflect on skills, attitude and knowledge and develop these by using evidence based practice.
- Significant relevant clinical experience
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Experience as a preceptor / mentor
- Knowledge of clinical governance and audit
- Knowledge of relevant Professional and Clinical legislation
- Experience of taking responsibility for a ward / clinical unit.
- Experience of engaging / supporting clinical research projects
- Experience of supporting practice development in clinical areas
- Experience of teaching. e.g. lecturer practitioner/preceptorship
- Experience of recruitment and selection of staff
Skills and Abilities Essential
- Able to provide quality care that is responsive to service user's needs, without close supervision
- Teaching ability
- Resilient: able to cope with difficult interpersonal situations.
- Advocates for all individuals, particularly those with protected characteristics; promotes equality and diversity
- Problem solving, ability to identify problems, review options and take appropriate action without a predetermined framework
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.